Finding a QI-Points

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by john yates, May 9, 2004.

1. john yates

john yates Valued Member

QI-points often feel tender to the touch, and it is this tenderness that tells you when you have found the right place.
    To feel this sensation, find the QI-points near the beginning of the Bladder Meridian known as Bladder 2 [BL2], witch are on the innermost edges of the eyebrows.
    Using the middle fingers of both hands, press firmly on the inside tip of your eyebrows. Make small circular movements until you feel aslight indentation and a tender sensation different from the sensation from pressing around the point.When you have found the points, knead them deeply with your middle fingers for about one minute.
    These BL2 points are effective in treating sore eyes and headaches on the front of the head. have a go :confused: :)

2. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

What was that book again? lol :D

Nearly all of these Qi points can be used for Harm as well as healing. Just remember this and try not to press too hard.

/Xio

3. john yates

john yates Valued Member

no no no no no no no no no no no you must look look
    you press to hard

4. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

er.....i'm confused. What did you say? :confused:

Well, about finding Qi points. Some are also vital points, like if you got hit there or something it would do alot more damage than somewhere else.

That bladder 2 one is funny cause people do that exercise anyway when they have a headache, it's like instinct or something, subconscience.

5. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Sometimes we use holes in the muscular structure to aid in off balancing Uke. Some of these are the hole below the colar bone where it meets the shoulder, the hole below the elbow on the outside of the forearm, & the hole at the base of the thumb close the the base of the fore-finger. Are these Qi points?

6. john yates

john yates Valued Member

would to expand on this xio [or something] everthing is vital in liff so wat are you saying

7. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

What i mean is that most MA aim their strikes at certain points that have more effect on people than other places do. Some or most of these points are also chi related points.

8. john yates

john yates Valued Member

for arguments sake if u were 2 apply a remedial massage you can cover most of the pressure pointson the human body ibeleive there are over 2000 recorded points over the body cant remember them all of by hand!
    to say that most karate strikes are aimed at most vital points i believe is a mistake becoz 2 strike someone in the center of the muscle causes much pain as a pressure point strike.

we hav 55 pressure point strikes on the anterea part of the human body (front)
    and we have 25 on the posteria of the human body (back)
    i correct myself there are 83 in all they are common points there are ova target points which are not listed for obvvious points which i hav read not that i have read evrethink !
    there are 54 on the front of the body
    there are 37 on the back of the body there are 13 on the hand if you were to hit the healing point you could still do damage so you have to look at the bigga picture to fink u r going to damage someone by striking it doesnt always work especially 4 sum i have experienced it myself there is no sure way to no if they will work on someone unless you try to apply it my only advice is this to no both side of the kinds makes you stronger to no only 1 is weak is it easy to hurt but harder to heal and easy to walk away that makes the man or woman

9. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

dim mak are the places you'd like to strike, though they can also have healing purposes or multiple purposes.

www.wingchunkwoon.com has some info on pressure points also do a search for a big dim mak thread we made a while back in the kungfu forum i think

10. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

I recently had a fellow MA'ist use a point attack on me while grappling that was very affective for pain compliance, on me at least. He pressed his index fingers into my neck just behind my earlobes then pulled forward (toward my nose) while digging under the back of my jaw. Very painful for me & seems to be a lot of nerves along that area. Any health benefits to working those points?

DavidM

11. john yates

john yates Valued Member

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

auricular nerve {below ear lobes} this is one of the major pressure points a good target.yes it can be used as a healing acupoint in the right hands :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004