Energy Shortage

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by shoryuken63, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Drink plenty of water (2-3 litres day)

Eat little and often, especially protein which smooths off your blood sugar levels, avoid refined carbohydrates. Eat before you train. Avoid caffeine and get enough sleep.

Change your training programme so that you have something new to look forward to every now and then

2. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i agree with the meals, small meals scattered throughout the day is better than trying to scavenge energy from 3 big meals hours apart

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

The water weight is one of the reasons you can lift more while taking creatine. You could always stop taking it before you compete.

4. Uniment

Uniment New Member

Whatever happened to the old practices of Tai Chi and Qigong and practical living that boosted energy? Why the need for supplements such as creatine and other energy drinks.

IMO, supplements can be an excellent addition to your training, but they're not to be used as a main source of energy. Many athletes become dependant on supplements for energy, and even though this is effective to a certain degree...

I still believe that if you establish a stable ground of personal health naturally as the first level, supplements can take you to the second level very easily.

Well, that's my two cents. But my primary question would have to be: What are the best ways of being able to create stable health naturally? Is it really as simple as eating and excersize? Or is there more to it?

5. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

You sure about that? Aren't you thinking about hot cocoa?

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I've never heard that Coffee has anywhere near the antioxidents that Tea has, especially green tea.

Is there a source for this?

7. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i agree that supplements shouldnt be the main stay of your diet, good points you raised here. one thing i have been saying for a while....

however, i would rather drink a protein shake or a serving of creatine than have to learn Tai Chi to get my energy :p

8. Uniment

Uniment New Member

Thanks, but what alot of people don't realize is that if you attain health naturally first, than supplements will be ALL THAT MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE once taken. You know?

9. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Red Rooster is good stuff. Nice drink, its cheaper than red bull and better

10. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

i have no evidence but would imagine - that is rubbish

11. succubus

succubus so hot right now

please tell me you're being sarcastic or something? cuz that's a load of crap.

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Nah i read it. Cocoa has 6 times as many.

13. flaming

flaming Valued Member

14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

15. TheCount

Guess what was on the Royal Societies website today? Drinking more than 3 cups of coffee a day may cause forms of cancer! I do believe that the society researching this maybe has some inkling of what they are doing, I mean they only have the 1000 best scientists in the world, 20 nobel prize winners and more Professors than you can count hehee.

No, honestly. A cup of tea or two a day has been proven to give some health benefit with water loss and general complexion, bruce lee drank it aside from water for this reason (not using him for leverage, just an example). Green tea also is excellent.

Coffee... I frown upon it

16. flaming

flaming Valued Member

17. TheCount

Have you not caught onto the fact NOBODY CARES.

Btw, in relation to the topic, Milo is a good and very healthy energy drink. Comes as a powder, mix it with milk, tastes great and has lots of vits

18. Uniment

Uniment New Member

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a totally off-topic debate about tea and coffee.

Though with this very post that I'm making, I'm probably contributing to the problem.

I'll stop typing now. Ja mata.