Encouraging knackered knee to get better?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Moosey, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Hello! I did something a bit stupid. I got talked into going for a run last week and we did about 15 kilometres. I felt fine the next day (well, a bit achey) but then I ended up having to walk for miles the day after because I missed a train and had to walk to the next station along the line (long story).

My left knee totally packed in half way along the walk and now hurts like heck inside the knee joint. I've been taking anti inflammatories (ibuprofen) and cod liver oil and trying to rest it, but every time I walk any distance it seems to undo the healing that's taken place. Is there anything I can do aside from rest it?

Ta, Moose

2. cluebird

cluebird For various reasons --

Yes, there is. I've had a similar problem in the past. Buy some ankle weights and do straight leg raises while leaning back with your foot turned outwards, do leg raises with your foot turned out whilst in a chair, and do iliotibial band stretches. Also do some thigh stretches and the stretch for hamstrings where you sit down with one leg out and the other tucked in, bringing your head down to your knee. Do these and if they do not help, ask a general practitioner of physician.

On second thought, you might want to ask one sooner rather than later.

3. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Hi there do you still have ths knee injury