Eating With Little Time?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by special43543, Aug 17, 2008.

1. special43543

special43543 Special Member

I work from 10-7 mon-fri. I'm going to for seriously start working out. I use to be in shape cardiovascularly when I went to BJJ..but not so much in the muscle department. I am 5'10 and weigh 150lbs. For the first time I am going to start lifting as well as running, but I am troubled as to what to eat when.

My schedule in the morning usually consists of getting up at 9-9:30 to be clocked in at 10 b/c I live close to work. I usually go to bed anywhere from 12-2am, and I'm not really looking to change that sleeping habit lol. I can say I will but I know I won't.

I think I want to drink a shake in the morning (meal replacement shake?) as I don't have too much time to goof around and fix a meal. I get a 10 min break at 12, a 30 min lunch at 2, and another 10 min break at 5. I am totally confused as to what I can eat that is healthy that I won't be starving all day that is fast. After work at 7 is when I plan to hit the gym, a protein shake after working out, and then having dinner later.

Any ideas as what to eat during the day while at work?

2. wires

wires Valued Member

This is my meal replacement shake, I highly recommend it (though it doesn't answer your "at work" question)

8 oz water or rice milk
    36 grams of brown rice protein (digestable, and AWESOME amino acid complement)

(blend til smooth)

add:
    1 bannana
    4 tablespoons natural peanut butter

(blend til smooth)

add:

1 can coconut milk (massive calories, very healthy saturated fat)
    6 frozen strawberries or other berries

(blend til smooth)

DRINK!!!

You will feel a happy buzz if you make it just as I described.

SO healthy.

The coconut milk is almost all saturated fat (if you read the info on the label) but if you google it, you'll find it is a very healthy saturated fat. Hard to understand when we consider saturated fat so bad for us - but it is a massive exception to the rule.

Good luck!

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

make protein bars.

4. Baby_Huey

Baby_Huey New Member

I like to make these type of bars.

1 cup Natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
    1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together, can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge, I use seran warp but bags work just as well.

I also like to have pasta, noodles, or something like that during my lunch time.