drink, drink and be merry

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by reikislapper, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Coges

Coges Valued Member

I don't drink as much as I used to because I just don't buy it anymore. If I do buy it, I will drink it. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Well, maybe there is. Anyway, I still enjoy a good noght out with the boys on the grog but they're not regular enough to become a problem.

2. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Oooppps, sorry mate :D
    Im with you on the drink driving thing to mate. Its far better to moonlight as Captain Sensible and leave the car at home.

3. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

It's why we got married right! :rolleyes: :D :eek:

4. rtkd-badger

Lmfao, if I say Im going out on the **** my wife beats me too the car. :D

5. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

:D When I get home from work on Friday night I have a drink and my wife takes my keys.

6. Mr Fight

Mr Fight Valued Member

i think life would be very dull if i didnt have a good social life, i mean you dont have to drink to have a good time, but ive always enjoyed having a drink with mates and letting yourself go!

For me i find it hard to not drink, theres always something going on, either my mates are going out or my missus mates are going out or work's going out etc etc. Its my biggest downfall when it comes to martial arts but i enjoy my beer too much.

I do give up for a couple of months when ive got a fight or tournament coming up but i find it hard especially if theres stuff going on. Also Britain has such a binge drink culture thats hard to avoid when your 23 unless you wanna be a loner and stay in or train every day but thats not for me.

Im giving up for a while now though becuase ive really overdone it the last few months and also my wallet is feeling the strain :rolleyes:

7. BoredNow

BoredNow Valued Member

I stopped drinking after uni as I could see I would have a problem if I carried on. These days I'm addicted to chocolate (well actually the sugar, it's just better in chocolate form).

Good side - No hangovers, remembering everything you said and did the night before, not having to worry about the effect of alcohol on your liver.

Down side - When out with friends who drink you get bored at around 9 ish and start to wonder how soon you can leave and get home out of the smoke.
    Not having alcohol to take the edge off your inhibitions, makes dancing in clubs way harder.

I fall off the wagon occaisonally, but I've been drink free (more or less) for 7 years. Have I missed it? No.

8. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

I'm 19 and I don't drink at all, for several reasons. First off, I used to drink almost on a weekly basis, and there were points where I'd use the drink to escape from my problems, which came close to having fatal consequences on more than one occasion.
    Apart from that, drinking is no good for those who are trying to build muscle, and as a martial artist I like to have my awareness in tact at all times.
    I haven't drank in 10 months now, and I can't say I've missed it at all. As a matter of fact, I feel I am so much better without it.
    It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day, and there's nothing wrong with a drink now and then, but it's just not for me.

*Craig*

9. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Badger, please could you give me the recipe of the hooch as I'd like to try and make some. I'd like to have a go even if I hate the stuff :D , I'll be extra nice to you in here.
    lisa xx :D :Angel:

10. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

No more liquor for me, ever. It always makes me sick, and I can't tell myself to drink a little, it doesn't work. Unfortunately I don't like wine, cause it's probably the healthiest alcohol for you. That leaves me with beer, which I have no problem being responsible with. Just one or two, and I'm fine. It upsets me how much some of my friends drink though, and they can't just hang out or go to a movie, they have to go to a bar.

11. Silat Student

Silat Student New Member

I'm a "once in a while" drinker....i.e. every once in a while me and the boys get together and tie one on. My drinking is not regular or anything so I don't feel it's a problem.

12. rtkd-badger

Hell lisa, I just buy the ingredients already pre packed from my home brew supplier. Disolve 6kg of sugar in water and add the packet which contains yeast and nutrients, leave to ferment until finnished and run it through the still.

13. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Yes but where do you get it from badger, your really making me go though all the pain of getting this information lol.
    Just wait until you want to find out something I know which you Don't lol.
    I'm willing to do almost anything so get there before anyone else does lol.
    lisa xx

14. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I exceed 14 units most weeks, but I don't often have more than a couple of beers at a time, so according to some sources that's ok. Especially friday, when I have one can and fall asleep. :)

15. Svarog

Svarog New Member

Which country in Europe doesn't? :D :D

16. Mr Fight

Mr Fight Valued Member

True!

but i would say that britian is in a league of its own :Alien:

17. rtkd-badger

Pffft, You need to come to Australia. We live on it. :D