Died plan

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD_forever, Nov 11, 2005.

1. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I weight ~ 206 lb

wake up @ 10 am
    10;01am one scoop protein powder protein ~ 20g. // 100 cal

10;45am 8 hard boiled eggs +1 yolk protein ~ 35 g.
    slice of whole bread protein ~ 4 g. // 240+ cal

12;15pm 1 serving n-large2 protein ~ 50g. carbs 80g. //600 cal

2;30pm workout

4;00pm right-after-workout-shake (i.e Surge) protein ~ 25g. sugar 45g. //350cal

4;45pm 1 serving n-large2 /banana protein ~ 50g. carbs 80g. //600+ cal

6;30pm 1 can tuna fish + slices of whole bread
    and small turkey sandwich(w/milk) ~protein ~ 60g. //400+ cal ?

8.30pm 5 slices of pepperoni cheese pizza OR
    (no pizza every day lol)
    150g. chicken breast + bread+ milk protein ~ 60g. //tons of cal
    + potato / OR boiled salmon(this is my meal of the day)
    11;00pm casein shake /1,2 scoops protein ~ 30g. //200 cal

Add to that half gallon (~2 L) of 2% reduced milk per day ~ protein 64 g. // 1000+ cal
    Vitamins, pills, other essentials.
    I’m shooting for 3500 + cal

I need a suggestion on my died plan. Right now I’m eating just bellow 3000cal, and i need to eat more

I’d love to replace hard meal with some high calorie smoothie , shake whatever, any tips on how to make all this food looks less menacing? :D :D :D ;) :cool: lol

EDIT: haha died plan

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  2. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

Yeah, that'll kill you.

EDIT:

It's a good plan. You might also want to consider oatmeal in the morning.

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I don't know about less menacing but---

Why don't you add a cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of strawberries to your first protein shake of the day and move your eggs to the casein meal (you'll have the casein protein also).

At 11, hit 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1 apple =~32 grams protein and 900 calories

Then at 1, do your N-Large protein

And you need more vegetables!

4. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

You need to be careful on this diet as you could be missing alot if you are this serous on your diet and regeim it might be an idea to visit this website www.fitday.com it is totally free just register and it will give you all your stats and minerals and vits that your body needs to be healthy and would be better of getting your vits and mins from food instead of chemical tablets

5. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

You need some fruit of sorts in there mate, try a banna after your workout and a pear/apple in the morning. Your lacking there and vegetables need to have a little more of a position from what i can see.

6. JKD_forever

I eat broccoli every other day, that’s a vegetable
    potato - and onion/garlic my fav veggies please.
    i eat bananas. And lemons. That’s about it. But i do eat like 3 bananas a day.

Anyway they say to benefit from the anti-cancer power of fruits and vegetables, you should eat 9 (7,5?) servings of fruits and vegetables each day. No pace for all that. But, I do eat like 3, 4 bananas a day..

heheh
    thx guys

edit: damn i forgot i eat almonds,pistachios, peanuts etc like crazy. Lots of dry fruits.

7. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

What are you trying to achieve with this died plan?

Don’t know if I calculated correctly, but your getting 428 grams of protein a day :confused: that’s a bit extreme, unless your on steroids.

From what I understand if your not on steroids, and workout hardcore, you need 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, and since you weigh 206 lb, the most you need is 309. Not if you are on steroids, which is not a good thing, I guess 2-3 grams per pound of bodyweight is good.

Now, as I mentioned maybe I got my calculations wrong. But, in my opinion your better off replacing some of that excess protein, and sticking some vegetables and fruit in there.

Fruit and vegetables are easy to eat, I used to bother making salads and stuff, now I got lazy and just eat them unprepared. All it takes is to wash them and munch them, they are for most part water, thus they will help with hydration, just think of it as chewy water. On top of that, they are a much better and potent source of vitamins and minerals compared to multi-vits and such, as well as having various other compounds and enzymes that you cannot get from anywhere else.

Personally, I buy on a weekly basis around 16 apples, 1 kg of grapes, 4-6 peppers, 16-20 tomatoes, two cucumbers, a broccoli, occasional radishes, corn, onions, garlic. The fruit is great before and throughout the workout, the fruit sugars absorb very quick and give you a boost of energy, plus they taste nice, and can be eaten in a matter of seconds between sets. At dinner every night I usually eat, half a cucumber, 4 tomatoes, one pepper, onion/garlic, radishes, it takes about 5-10 minutes, and takes up hardly any stomach space.

Anyway juts some recommendations.

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

LOL how would you gain any sort of weight with 3000kcals at bodyweight of 205? (I remember you saying that you want to bulk)

Eat the yolk. Yolk's got half the protein and most of the fat is healthy. And your fiber intake is wayyyy too low. Too little whole foods. And eat lots and lots of nuts. I probably get about 1000kcals a day just from nuts. Its a great calorie booster.

9. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Again, I'm no doctor, just another internet opinion but 400grams of protein/day seems really extreme to me. You could probably cut that in half and not see any detrimental effects at all except less money spent on T-Nation products.

Everyone says differently but its often stated as 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of LEAN body mass. If you weigh 206, whats your body fat percentage? Say you had 15% bodyfat which is pretty good. You'd be looking at a lean body mass of around 175lbs. That would be well served with 175-250 grams of protein.

Anyway, your body can only absorb so much protein... something around 30 grams every few hours. I'm going to guess a lot of your protein is going to waste. Better to add a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Also I didn't add it up but if you eat on average what you list there PLUS a lot of nuts and dried fruit, I'm going to bet you are WAY over 3000Kcals.

For example:
    1 medium size cheese pizza (13" round) has about 1500 Kcals.
    2L of 2% milk has about 1000 Kcals

Now add in your breakfast, lunch, bananas, shakes, nuts and fruits...

And to meet your nutritional requirements, you simply cannot eat the same thing every day. You need a lot of variety. Three bananas every day does not meet your fruit/vegetable servings. Even if you add potato and onion. :) Mix it up... you need more variety and I wouldn't worry so much about the protein.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Quick comments:

Over 400g of protein a day is miles too much even at your weight. Around 300 is better at the most.

Eat a bigger breakfast with oatmeal and blueberries.

More fruits, more veg, more calories from stuff like nuts or nut butter. More fats is a good thing here I think.

11. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

If you are trying to lose body fat Potatos are not good they will spike your blood they are quite high on the glycemic index as well as bananas Oats are good it is low on the glycemic index like wise with green leafy vegetables. Eating to much protein i was reading somewhere will increase your risk to colon cancer your choice

12. JKD_forever

hi guys thx for your time. Some points i want to make, correct me if i'm wrong please:
    - no i dont try to loose fat, i think that's obvious, i don't eat excess fat but i need extra calories.
    - no i'm not on steroids, it may seem like a lot of food but they are all small meals (except that big one), and my methabolism is fast, so i need to eat a lot.
    - yes i know it may seem like a lot of protein but - normal recomendation of protein intake is 1, 1.5 grams per pound. Mine is around 2. thats fine, nobody died from little more protein(in fact some ppl will recomend that much) . better to have 50 g. more a day then less.
    - and yes i eat fruits just now that much.
    - yeah i eat peanuts too like crazy (1000 cal is right on spot)
    - i dont eat this every day, this is just a snapshot.
    - I try to eat close to 4000 cal untill weekend where i lower to like 3000. then i go up again.

any other suggestions?

thx

13. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

^I dont think anyone tried to accuse you of using anything. I mean, I weigh only 165 and eat 3000-3500kcals. Just eat more if you dont see any gradual weight gain. Should be easy if you eat more fat-rich foods.

14. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

beer always work for me :D