Dent in chest?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tom pain, May 11, 2005.

1. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Does anyone know what this is or why I have it?

Attached Files:

2. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Very strange, i have a bone there. Well, if it aint needed, im putting it on ebay. Keep an eye out if you want one.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The medical term for this is pectum or pectis. Its an inversion of the sternum that is actually quite common. In severe cases the condition can be corrected (though the surgery is quite painful). As I'm in radiology, we see it fairly often in teens. And no, you won't grow out of it. See your doc if you want to know your options.

4. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  5. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

Do you know what I have that as well, i thought i was the only one!!!

:eek:

I asked the doctor and he reckons its done to bone structure, apparently it stops your lungs from expanding to there full capacity, but I don't beleive that my doctor also told me I have ashma but I don't!!

Doctors, who would have em :D

6. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

The key thing is that it is asymptomatic in most cases. (i.e. its just a cosmetic thing)

7. beef

beef New Member

It's only very mild case so I wouldn't worry about anything. I think if you have decent pecs and abs - like you have - then it's not that noticeable.

I have something a bit similar but a bit less pronounced. I was getting changed after a footie match and my friend (which was quite witty for him) said I had a 'sunken treasure chest' - which I tried not to laugh at lol

8. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Thanks guys - the links and information have been great.

As you can see I don't have it as bad as some other cases (like on that site) but its still noticeble and annoying (I don't feel it or anything, just my mates feel the need to point it out to me whenever I have my top off).

I don't have any of the side effects mentioned and I'm not really ashamed about it - more curious.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

9. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Sunken chest bone mate

10. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

It's just a bird chest. One of my friends has the same thing. I saw some guy on the internet eat milk and cereal out of it.

11. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Got a mild case of it, but my pecs are growing so it's becoming less and less noticeable.:D

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

You look like that and you're worried *walks away muttering*

Seriously, if it's a major health concern, get it checked. If your doc says it's not a big deal and it doesn't interfere with your training and quality of life, no sense making a big deal out of it, right? Just thump your mates, I find that quite gratifying :cool:

13. Kwajman

I think the cure is to have some hot girl rub suntan lotion all over your chest.... :D

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

LMAO!! :D :D :D

Tom - as everyone else said, it's just a cosmetic thing really, loads of people have it.

15. ebrigham

ebrigham Valued Member

look on the bright side, that dent will make your pecs look more developed!

16. aword4you

aword4you New Member

If you want a feminine point of view... I'm a chick (married), but I think it looks okay :)

17. ebrigham

ebrigham Valued Member

whatever you do, please do not video tape yourself eating cereal out of it - like that dude on AFV did... :eek:

18. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

19. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

HAHA, you could have Marfan Syndrome

20. Kwajman

You should see the new surgery to fix it. Its not a pretty sight.