Creatine Monohydrate

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ScorpioJ, Jan 20, 2006.

1. ScorpioJ

ScorpioJ New Member

I've just started doing alot of weight training to get the physique and strength that i feel i need...but... I also want to start taking something to improve my 'Gains?' (something i read on the net, i think it means the rapidity of the muscle gain) and so have been looking at Creatine Monohydrate as it appears to have many good attriubtes, but, is it something you HAVE to take alongside other suppliments such as whey protein etc or can it be used on it's own? WHATS THE BEST THING TO DO?

Which is better when weight training daily and wanting increased muscle mass but also high definition?

Any particular times of the day i should be taking either?
    Should both be taken together?

Sorry for all the questions, but sooooooo confused!!!!

Cheers for any feedback...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  2. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Before even considering supplements, make sure you have a sound eating plan. This will help you make those gains.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Sort these things out in this order:

1. Good eating plan, including some kind of protein "supplement" like whey
    2. Good multivitamin ie. not all 100% RDA.
    3. Other supplements like creatine etc.

4. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

Muscle fluff and supplements like creatine can hurt your endurance. Stick with Whey and a good eating plan. There are good ways to put on muscle besides creatine.

5. gogz

gogz Crom!

To increase mass, you should take a supplement like a weight gainer ie. Mammoth 2500 or something plus eat a high carb and protein diet. Once you get big try 'cutting' to get the definition.

gogz

6. DSDbronson

Steroids are the reason nobody in MMA has any stamina. I don't know if you could say the same for all supplements but why bother. Even if he's a "hard gainer" there are plenty of ways to pack on muscle.

7. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. DSDbronson

Keep it natural JKD

9. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Creatine is a low priority supplement for someone who has just started weight training. It's also quite expensive, and if you take it in the doses you are supposed to, often causes diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. Better off spending your money on more proper food - tuna, cottage cheese, skimmed milk, egg whites, chicken, lean red meat. There is no magic bullet.

10. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

????????????????????????????????????????
    er..... thx?

11. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Creatine is natural.:D It's found in meat.

12. jon-m

jon-m New Member

Just be careful with the mammoth 2500 its damn sugary!!

13. ScorpioJ

ScorpioJ New Member

Thanks for all the feedback!

I eat very well already and have done since i started weight training on the 1st of Jan 2006 (my new years resolution!!!) and i have already seen a difference in shape but just thought if i could get something to help the process, then why not ay??

Thanks again... i think i'll go for just the high protein, low sugar shakes and perhaps think about creatine at a later date... :D