Bulking up

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Vimtoforblood, May 12, 2005.

1. PaulSan2112

PaulSan2112 New Member

Hey Adam (or anyone using the ZMA or any other supp. for sleep)... I've wanted to use a supplement to aid sleep for a while, but I have heard so many horror stories about becoming dependent, that I am a little reserved to start one. Anything synthesized in a lab (for sleep at least) is 100% out IMO (I don't even use OTC meds/pain killers), and considering that ZMA is composed of natural ingredients, I feel a little better about using it... but, I still know that even some things natural aren't good for you in macro servings and some can cause dependency. I have research a little and can't find much about how often to take it (every night? only on nights you are worried about little sleep?) or anything about dependency. And, my dreams are already lucid/real/weird enough...

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I dont like this split at all, now that I have actually read it.

Why are you breaking up your lower body? Squats does everything for lower body.

3. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

He needs more info than 6 healthy meals needed for bulking up IMO

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Erm... most supermarket foods are synthesised in some way or another, so unless you only eat non-GM fruit, veg, nuts, berries, seeds, completely natural meat etc. then you already have a decent ingestion of unnatural processed crap.

Give ZMA a go, that's all I can say, I doubt very much that you will become dependant unless you make that association in your head.

5. PaulSan2112

PaulSan2112 New Member

Well, I meant syn. chemicals not found in nature. Hard to avoid non-syn. anything, true.

I guess I'll just have to see firsthand about the ZMA.

6. Ad McG

Don't think about stuff like that too much. It's a great supp, but if you start thinking you won't be able to sleep without it then you won't because you will have that association! Psychology is a funny thing.

7. PaulSan2112

PaulSan2112 New Member

Makes sense. But, I am still paranoid of drugs (prescription sleep aids, in this case). If I could afford it, I would do the 'caveman diet' (all natural, non-processed, what comes from the ground -- I'm sure you know...) and approach all-natural as much as I can.

8. Ad McG

It's a cool idea if you want to stick by it. To be honest though, look around you in the real world - all this processed junk doesn't do THAT much harm if you take it in moderation, billions of people around the world eat this kind of stuff and live long, healthy lives. It's a small part of a big picture really, the human body is surprisingly robust.

9. When it comes to eating more I think time plays a really big role.
    How do you find time to have 6 meals a day?
    Maybe on my days off - sure.

I am waiting for my local store to get some ZMA in stock, some time at the end of this week. Am also going to get some creatine. Will let you know the effects.

10. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I'm working up to it ;)

11. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

If you can do 100 reps, its time to get more weight!

12. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

haha, 100 reps, that crazy. takes alotta time 2 do. if u do the most you can with 6-8 reps you get a really good training effect with a short amount of time. 6-8 reps is preferred for general strength building. 6-8 reps, 3-4 sets is good.

13. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Ok...try saying that after doing 100 reps at half bodyweight!

14. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Why would I want to though?

15. Maverick

Maverick New Member

So you can be as hardcore as me!

Seriously, why not. It'll mess you up like nothing you've ever felt before.

Edit: I say half bodyweight and not full bodyweight because we aren't all like this guy. :D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm with you on the pullups, dips and squats. But if you can deadlift after a 20 rep squat, it wasn't heavy enough.
    You can also do a 20 rep deadlift- forget doing anything else on the same day though.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  17. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Its not all in the same day lol.

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

you should have put 'SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP' in the middle then :D