Best way to lose weight

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chicano83, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Chicano83

Chicano83 Valued Member

I believe you 2 have not had the right cereal, i rather have a bowl of coco pops. lol...

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I had a bowl last week on holiday. It's total crap, but boy, I'd forgotten just how damn TASTY that crap is!

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

a) Do more & eat less

b) Drugs dont work, they just make you worse.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I bet it was those colours too.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Only on the way in.

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Where is Drive-by when you need him... :ban::Angel:

7. IGotSoup

IGotSoup Valued Member

Best way to do it by December:
    10 carbs a day, take a multivitamin and a fiber supplement and the weight will come off. I did it for a little over 3 months and lost 30lbs last year and hardly did any exercise.
    The first 2 weeks are very strict
    When you're within 5-10lbs of your goal weight, start slowly increasing your carbs and switching to a healthier and more sustainable diet.
    The diet should be moderately high in fat.
    Also, if you like vodka, you can drink a ton if it!

8. seiken steve

10 carbs a day?
    Vodka?

I guess kababs too?

Deadlifts and steak. Job done.

9. Gary

I'm going to have some eggs too.

10. Gary

I have no idea how you would even measure this, let alone find foods containing no more than 10 carbs a day. I did zero carb for Jan and Feb this year and probably got more than this in muscle glycogen in the steak.

Unless it was a typo and you're saying eat 10 crabs a day which sounds lovely but expensive and perhaps a bit samey.

11. seiken steve

Just spilt my brew on my lap laughing at the ten crabs a day...

12. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Can I ask why you want to lose weight so fast? Because most rapid weight loss is not very healthy for your body, and the weight rarely stays off for long. Losing weight slowly by changing your lifestyle is much more ideal than just finding a quick fix.

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

28lbs in 3 months is at the upper end of what I'd consider an acceptable weight loss goal, but it would require a significant amount of discipline, but I agree, from the OP, it doesn't sound like the poster is too concerned with sustainability.

14. Gary

Even fixing a goal with a deadline like this isn't the best route, if you get one month in but only lose 5lbs it can be very disheartening when in reality you've achieved something good. Usually when people set a target like this it's because they're going o holiday and want to get in shape for it, when even a reasonable amount of weight loss will be appreciated by most.

It's cruel but a lot of people get overweight because they can conceal it day to day, then when something like a beach trip comes along they panic diet. Fat gain/crash diet is never a good cycle to get in to, as others have said you would do far better looking for lifestyle changes that mean you won't be in this situation again.

15. IGotSoup

IGotSoup Valued Member

Eggs = 1 Carb
    Serving of cheese (most) = 1 carb
    Steak, chicken, and pork = 0 carbs
    Certain sauces = 0 - 3 carbs
    Fiber drink = 5 carbs - 3g of fiber = 2 carbs

Any combination of these and you can stay around 10 carbs a day.

16. Gary

Is that from some diet or are you talking about grams of carbs?

Strictly 'a carb' is one of these: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Lactose.svg

17. IGotSoup

IGotSoup Valued Member

Yes, grams of carbs.

It's a short term diet that definitely works, as long as you know how to move in and out of it once you hit your goals.

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I've never met anyone who has managed to sustain progress after a short term (aka crash) diet.

19. Gary

I know the diet and several variations of it but your terminology was very vague and still is. According to your values any amount of eggs has 1g of carbohydrates, in meat you claim zero carbs but all meat has some small (~1%) volume of carbs due to glycogen and plasma membranes.

I've been low carb for about 2 years now, yet I keep calories high enough to maintain a stable body weight. My weekly average is less than 50g of carbs a day and I have tried many variations. This isn't for weight loss, calories are far more effective at that. I eat like this for health reasons which makes transitions in and out unnecessary.

20. Gary

Doesn't happen, people either lose weight slowly but surely and keep it off or crash diet and bounce back after. This is often why people who are convinced a particular system works have done it so often, they're plain old yoyo dieting.