Best way to drink creatine powder?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by matveimediaarts, May 6, 2013.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

when i took creatine it was scoop -> mouth-> wash down with water :p

*shrug*

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Never thought of that. Been snorting it for years.

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

thats what Frank Yang did on one of his videos, I can't post any of them here because they are much too rude for MAP :p

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

:eek:

Six hours is a hell of a long time to spend on the bog. Even if you're at work.

5. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

PMSL :D We all know what kind of job that is, or jobbie even

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Ive spoke with frank and followed his stuff for a few years now, since I started lifting and joined T-bag-nation, and I still can't decide if I like his stuff or want to punch him in the face.

7. seiken steve

We should all drink creatine like AV and juji:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPt32vMq5I[/ame]

Skip to ten mins if you don't like awesome stuff.

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm totally buying a beaker when I start getting back into things so I can make my own recovery potion.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I eat a lot of roughage. :)

10. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

I don't take Creatine. Or rather each year for about 8 weeks I get myself a tub. And go through a pot of it. And then I'm too tight to spend out on it any more...

Potentially it can grant you a bit more 'uuummpphh'...I put on some water weight. And pretend I'm 'The Thing'.

But you'll surely be nowhere near that stage yet.

If you're taking it for recouping then Beta-Alanine and D-Ribose are more useful in this regard.

But then as you were gonna be lifting weights once each 5 days or so for about 35 mins a sesh...You'll not need those either unless you're training is

> Supermegahardcoreintense <

Really as Zaad and otherS allude to here. Quality of Diet, Sleep, Rest, Stretch, Foam Rollering etc is more important.

Basic Supps like:

Omega 3
    B vits
    Multi-Mineral
    vit C

Are further up the needs chain.

Really I'd give it a while before you start spending out on expensive wee :)

Good Luck

11. seiken steve

I'd disagree, for anyone who enjoys being energetic, lean, happy, harder to give concussion and well, alive creatine is a great supplement. Pure monohydrate is cheap as chips even with the latest tax issues at 3g a day for the rest of your life it out Likley works out cheaper than most multi vits or magazine subscriptions.

I see know mechanism or evidence in any of ,y research that shows creatin could cause water retention at those doses (or any really, if I have a lot of clients doing a lot of cardio I go up to 15g a day to prevent catabolism)

12. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Juice, milk, protein shake

13. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

You gotta bear in mind I'm really tight. My goto response to all potential purchases is "HOW MUCH!?" :D

Magazine! Subscriptions! Are you crazy? (Really Tight) :hat:

I will let you know about this again when I pluck up the fortitude to spend some more money on Creatine again (October?).

I tend to lose a coupla pounds when I come off it. Diet is a constant. So is all else. All I can put it down to is water weight as of now.

I'm not taking any supps at the mo other than fish oil, multi-minerals and 500 mgs of C. No whey protein either. Which would of been sacrilege to me up to a year ago.

Good Luck

14. seiken steve

I'm in the same boat, using BCAA, fish oil and lucien I just can't be bothered to go shopping, I'm getting by just fine without whey :)