Best way to drink creatine powder?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by matveimediaarts, May 6, 2013.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I started a creatine regimen this week. For those more experienced with it-is it best dissolved in water or in a protein drink? :confused: Thanks!

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I use my mouth when I drink.

3. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

LOL! Smartass punk...you remind me of myself that way. :D

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dissolve in water, but make sure it's warm.

Take a look at the videos on this site.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Stick it in your morning coffee.

However, there is evidence to suggest that it is absorbed more efficiently if taken with a source of simple carbs (if you take sugar in your coffee that should do the trick). Personally I don't really worry about that and just put it in my coffee or any other hot drink (if I forget).

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

With grape juice (or similar juice) in your post workout meal where absorption of nutrients into the muscles is at its peak. Don't drink it with anything citrus or acidic because it destroys the creatine, and you don't get as much out of it if you just drink it with water.

7. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Is really not that important whatever is convinient for you.

I've taken to boiling up 1.5L of green tea, letting it cool, stirring in 10g creatine, 10g of glutamine any other goodies I happen to have in the house (BCAA is a goodie) and the juice of 2 lemons.
    It throw it in a giant protien bottle and slurp it thought the day at work. The green tea and Lemmon juice has a variety of benefits and the whole things keeps my hydrated (about 2l of fluid when I top it up)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  8. therger

therger New Member

I think!
    creatine powder is not danger for your health. so i suggest you do not use creatine powder.
    Use another good supplement and nutrition.

9. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Nonsense?

10. seiken steve

I'm not sure you did muchh thinking here my friend

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So...what's the deal with creatine?
    I've recently started a very basic lifting programme for the first time in my life.
    I have some whey protein after a session (as much to assure myself I'm getting some useful nutrition as anything).
    Should I use creatine too? What does it do?

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Before creatine - what's your diet like?

You getting enough protein, leafy greens and total calories to poo effectively?

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I have to say that my diet is the one thing I fail at...too much sugar for a start.
    I eat plenty of fruit, but miss breakfast often, mostly have a make do lunch (had McDonalds yesterday!).
    Now I have some cardio in place and some resistance training it's next on my list of things to sort (should probably have been first on my list right!?).

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Oh and I'm a fairly regular 10am/4pm poo-er.
    Just so you know. :)

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I've heard of grape juice mix is good for creatine. Or just dunk it into your protein shake...thats what I do.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Well stop that senence right there and you are lying

I have gut-rot with powder creatine for some reason so when i do use it (I am cycled off post surgery) I use caplets. It's more expensive, but easier on my intestines

17. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

PASmith - NUTRITION MADE EASY

if you got a fancy phone, buy a get a calorie counter app, they provide a database of foods and make it super easy on the go.
    set the level to sedentary and adjust bodyweight and it'll give you total calories
    track the following:
    500 grams of raw beef/chicken/fish
    6 eggs
    3 scoops of your whey brand

it should come out to about 1 gram per pound bodyweight (adjust accordingly)
    thats the amount of protein you should be consuming throughout the day, the app will also give you total calories from that.

eat this. everyday for a month
    ALSO buy a big bag of 50p salad from the supermarket and nom it throughout the day (dont track leafy greens, the calories are neglible).
    make it easier on yourself and eat the same thing everyday for a month, cook it at yourself and dont eat at other peoples houses.

you should have quite a few calories remaining on the app after all that protein so fill it up whatever you want - happy meals, big macs, doughnuts, biscuits, pies, sweet potato, starchy veg, corn, oatmeal, oils, avacados - whatever
    JUST MAKE SURE YOU TRACK IT AND DONT GO OVER THE CALORIE LIMIT WITH THE NON PROTEINS.

weigh yourself everyday, write it down, look at yourself in the mirror everyday and write down if you think you look leaner or bigger.
    every two weeks or week, check the trend in your weight and physique from your notes adjust like so:
    - add 300 to 500 calories to your total intake if you want to gain or you look like you're loosing too fast
    - minus 200 to 500 calories calories from total intake if you want to lose or you look like you are gaining too fast
    - always err on the side of caution and +300 or -200

try it for a month and that'll probably sort you out better than anything

18. seiken steve

That's weird given that they're the same substance, wonder if the slower absorption prevents your squity-ness?

I still don't buy in to timing of creatine fully, unless being used for anti catabolic perposes, I get 3-10g in a day depending what I'm doing, or I buy loins of steak and eat steak everyday, I prefer the latter.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That's my guess....plus it could the liquid is not taken "all in one go" with caplets, so sheer volume might have something to do with it too (i "grab and go" a lot)

20. seiken steve

I am the grab and go man too.

When I prep my meals the day before I make sure most of it can be eatten with my hands in the car incase I'm as usual rushing from one job/client/something to another, I bet I look really attractive lol.