Bag

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 6footgeek, Jul 11, 2012.

1. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

I finally got enough dough put out to get myself a punching bag. i'm thinking a 4 foot one would be good for all sorts of punches and kicks. what do u guys think?

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If you can get a longer one it'll let you do low kicks too:)

mitch

3. tiachuando

tiachuando Valued Member

4. liero

liero Valued Member

Get as big and heavy a bag as you can. 6 foot 100kg :D It just makes sense for your training and the durability of the bag.

But make sure whatever your hanging it from can handle the load, including the swinging and impact it will take. And plan where to put it before you buy one.

Heavier bags also swing around less when your hitting them which is a bonus.

Try to get a bag that has a strap on the bottom that you can hook into the ground to stop that movement as well. My friend used some thick elastic and a hook bolted into the floor and it really keeps it in place, which is great when practising power kicks.

5. liero

liero Valued Member

6. tiachuando

tiachuando Valued Member

They are cheaper as well. I don't have a place to put it, so I am limited to floor models.

7. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

i has a place to hang it. i'm trying to get a 5 foot one. but that may be out of my budget. i'm hoping a 4 foot one will be ok for home training.

8. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^get a large enough hook to hold it. I had my 100lbs bag snap the hook from the roof from just boxing it.

I got an eye hook for the roof that can hold 400lbs now . I doubt it will snap anytime soon. Its the pressure from the constant swinging that makes the 100lbs seem like more