Are we progressing properly?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by seiken steve, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Man threads like this blow my mind. Do people really do a "If I can't get to lift A) Then I do lift P) from menu 3" type stuff? And all the other technical stuff going on in the thread is just "whoa." I understand what's going on but to think about implementing it into such a disciplined regimen makes working out feel like more of a tedious science project than going in to lift!

Whatever floats people's boat I suppose. I remember just going into the weight room when I was lifting seriously with the mentality of "I will lift things up, and then put them down" Power to all you guys though.

2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Indeed a back up plan is often useful to people who can't get to do what they went there to do in the first place.

Could be as simple as "Those idiots refuse to stop curling in the Squat Rack. And I can't fight them all :yeleyes: Now what am I gonna do?" "Okay I'll do xyz instead" :D

Ideally best to K.I.S.S. Some folks like to do all manner of periodisation, cycles and other gubbins though.

Fascinating though that is. No good for me. I got punched in the head too much when I was younger :Angel:

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Knowing ten different ways to work out a muscle group is definitely a plus. I kind of just do that off the top of my head. Can't do heavy squats? Well alright, hello goblet squats and heavy lunges superset. I can't imagine having a list and going to section 3 of article 4, list 5, exercise 17 to figure something out though. Yuck.

To each his own though. I tend to just keep track of workouts in my head and adjust from there. Been a while since I've been into weightlifting real heavy though but I think I'm going to start back up once my head injury is healed up. I might attempt to actually keep a journal, can't ever seem to find the discipline though.

4. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member