Am I Too Old To Start Wrestling Now?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by johnl'pooluk, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

It's good. It'll prepare for the one you have later. :p

2. ellacooper

ellacooper Banned Banned

I want to tell you something about fooding while wrestling
    Many wrestlers will go days without eating and end up too weak to participate at practice. After they've gained weight, they simply go out and binge. They will repeat this cycle endlessly. Simply eat smart and avoid foods high in fat.
    I think it will be benificial for you.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Where did you get this information from?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

The only thing I have found is submission grappling classes at MMA gyms. Decent focus on takedowns and hand fighting but the ground game is totally different. Still good fun.

As for wrestling in the South, I live in Memphis and there are a fair number of youth wrestling clubs starting up. I coach k through 2nd grade. Anything beyond that and they know more than I do. :) Just had my first exposure to freestyle and greco, really liked it. I was surprised at how different the freestyle rule were. To be honest I would like to see the US change to freestyle instead of the folkstyle. it's a lot more entertaining to watch. Also, no stalling on bottom, woohoo!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

26? You're a pup. Go for it. Ed O'Neil started BJJ in his mid 40s.

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

7. ellacooper

ellacooper Banned Banned

You are not so old for wrestling you can start wrestling in this age. If ideally we see The RocK had also started in this age. So boost your moral and start.