am i ready?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Wolverine47, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Wolverine47

Wolverine47 Valued Member

I would just like the educated opinions of the other posters on how well I am doing on all of my lifts, and which lifts I need to improve. I am 17 years old and 195 lbs., getting ready for football in august (coming up soon). I had to take last year off because i had an infection that caused me to lose 25 lbs. because I couldn't swallow any food or keep it down, so I have no clue how well I am doing compared to other football players my age. Well, here are my stats.
    Bench press-315
    Squat- 435
    Trap bar deadlift- 500
    Power Clean-235
    Snatch-165
    Front Squat-315
    Any comments on my lifts as far as how I stack up, and how I am doing would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

If those are all real, deep lifts then that's very impressive for someone of 17. I suspect those number are rather inflated because you might not be using full RoM but either way, you're doing well. Nice one on the trap bar deads BTW, I love them.

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I agree. A bench and front squat number of 315 is very impressive for a 17 year old. I was doign some strength coaching for a local high school and they had huge numbers up until I started testing them and they were using very little ROM.

4. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

A the ego lifts haha. Struggling with a heavyweight using poor form and claiming you made the lift. I see it all the time. Its even funnier when you see the person look around to check and see who was watching them and hope theyre impressed.

Not saying you're doing that. For all I know youre a great lifter. Nice stats btw haha.

5. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

IF you are lifting thoes weights properly, then you are a long way infront of most weight trainers, regardless of age.

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i wish i started at 13

7. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Post some vids of you performing the lifts so that we can look at technique etc. The numbers sound very impressive as long as the technique is there to match

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

See the thing is guys. Either A) is a genetic freak and those required no training. or B) Hes lying.

Because: Anyone who can throw around that much iron knows where they stand in the whole weight game. Ive never seen a 300lb bencher be "unsure" if he was "doin it right"

9. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

I don't think it's hard to believe. Good job, you're a bit ahead of the game when it comes to football. Keep working at it, you'll be lifting some really big stuff eventually.

10. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

He is 17 and is "lifting" almost double his body weight for bench....

11. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

Consistent lifting tends to have that effect.

12. Freyr

Freyr Valued Member

No one is at all suggesting it is impossible, however most people here are perfectly aware of the unfortunate state of the average lifter's habits, and high school sports teams are far from elevated from that category.

If those lifts are completely legitimate in their range of motion and the general correctness of form, then they are extremely impressive for anyone.

However I think it may be helpful, as others have mentioned, perhaps to post videos of your lifts so that you can be sure your form and range of motion with those numbers is generally considered to be acceptable.