always "hot" and tired

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jroe52, Aug 13, 2009.

1. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i'm a bigger dude.. but last 2 months i been very hot (and again dude, so not hot flashes lol)

is it yang or yin?

if so, any ideas? do you chase heat with heat (ginger) or cool it down (bath?)

in the same time my asthma has been working up, and im always tired.

not trying to play dr. online but just wanted some ideas or teas:)

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you live in the northern hemisphere right?

i think it's summer

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I think Fish is on the money. It's summer, you're a "bigger dude". Best solution would likely be to lose some weight and install air conditioning. FWIW, I can relate on the "bigger dude" thing. I've packed on a fair bit of weight in the last few years and the summers definitely seem a lot hotter as a result.

As for tea, Lapsang Souchong is quite nice.

4. Dao

Dao Valued Member

It TCM being a "bigger dude" can indicate the accumulation of Dampness, which can easily generate heat, by acting as insulation and by creating a sluggishness in the system.
    Dampness can lead to, or be caused by a deficiency in the middle jiao, which plays a major role in the production of Qi, which may account for your low energy.

Dampness is by nature a Yin pathogen but when it becomes Damp-Heat it is harder to differentiate a predominance of either Yin or Yang.
    Sometimes Gan Jiang (dried ginger) may be used to dry dampness which may free things up and indirectly clear Heat. In other instances Damp draining herbs might be chosen but this can lead to an exacerbation of Heat symptoms and threaten the Yin.
    In other instances herbs that directly treat Damp-Heat might be chosen, but these are notoriously harsh on the Middle Jiao and may worsen the problem over the long term.

In my opinion, if you are choosing to use Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat yourself please consult a well qualified TCM practitioner so as to not cause yourself harm.
    TCM is powerful medicine and self prescribing, though often possible, has the potential for serious side-effects.

Regards,
    Dao

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

thanks everyone!