Allround Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Arnoo, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

well, that's very sensible of you, but I think you can afford to be a bit more adventurous than that.

2. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

well what kind of reps should i be working with according to you 10 times in a row ?

3. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

so 3 x 10 or something

4. Knight_Errant

yeah, 3*10 isn't a bad idea. The rep range is OK, it's the weight I'm concerned about.

5. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

how about going to 13/14kg ?

6. sg516

sg516 Without ME its just AWESO

in order to get any real benefit out of the weight training i would advise (after you get your form down) that you aim for lifting as much weight as you can. so if you are doing 3x10 you should be doing enough weight that at the end of each set you are really challenged to get the weight up. as time goes by the weight will have to increase and you will see the strength and performance benefits form lifting. lifting low weights really isn't going to give you a lot of benefit.

as for your reps getting smaller or injuries i will say that you will get more benefit from really challenging your muscle on 8 reps than you will from the light weight for 50 reps. and muscles are designed to do work, you aren't going to injure yourself if you do the exercises with proper form. you will be sore but the more often you lift the quicker your body will heal from its soreness.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  7. Knight_Errant

My advice is to select a weight that leads to failure at the end of the last rep of the last set. This means you literally will not be able to do any more on that lift and would have to wait a long time before repeating the lift.

8. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

ok i'l try it out

9. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

after reading [​IMG] i'm considering replacing my cardio training with tabata training something like a 12/16 minute tabata training work out.

10. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress