Actinel/Yakult

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jack, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Has anyone tried these "good bacteria" things. What are they like? Do you feel more healthy on them? Opinions, please!

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've tried them ..... Eeeeeew! :woo:

I prefer the much better tasting (but much more expensive) smoothies from "Innocent"

Yum yum :D

3. Jack

Jack Valued Member

haha :D

My mum is at the supermarket as we speak. She's going to buy me Yakult. I'll just consider it as medicine as dive into the taste instead of trying to resist it. :D

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I prefer beer.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've tried them, they're vile. I don't see how they do you god either, but let us know (like in the Ad :D )

Those Innocent smoothies are way too expensive! Its like £4 a bottle in Sainsbury's.. what the hell's in them!

Can't beat a bottle of Yop if you ask me :D ;)

6. YODA

Innocent smoothies are £1.70 in Boots here. I get mine at about 5pm when they reduce them to about 70p :D

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

It that for a little bottle? The big bottles were £4. I can't be doing with small drinks :D

8. YODA

Yeah - the bottle is about 12cm high.

9. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Yakult is GORGEOUS!

HOW can you guys possibly complain about it?!?! Its so sweet, so rich, so exotic!:D

10. YODA

Yakult = Eeeeeeeeeeew!

11. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Yakult is a good bacteria drink?? My friends and I drank it because it's sooo good. Now i know i should drink more. Actually weirdly enough I've drank it in Mexico w. a family there and a Korean version w/ korean friends in the states

12. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I think they taste alright but, if you read the ingredients then you will see they have glucose in them to make them taste nice (sugar is not the best start of the day).

You are much better off with plain bio yoghart. It has all the same bugs in it without the crap and works out a lot cheaper too.

13. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Agreed - a big old dollop of live yoghurt on my cereal every day is my method. I highly recommend Bornhoffen natural acidophilus yoghurt. Goes great with my weetbix and 'nana. Breakfast of champions! ;)