140 and a teenager

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cannonballken, May 26, 2005.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

4 inches in height? LMAO. You got that and some of your weight gain from simply growing up, not just from working out. 4 inches in height is actually quite a lot of weight itself.

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

According to a very well known guy you should be able to gain about 2 pounds a week if not more while msucle building.

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Mate at 140 lbs you don't have a chance of being Arnold.

For the first few weeks maybe. After the initial adaptation to exercise you'd be lucky to get 1lb a week, or 1lb a fortnight.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  4. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

lol 1lb a week of tissue yes but not muscle, your unedicuated mate, please go read up

5. Ad McG

The irony in that sentence :D

6. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

ye true, no one on this site is what id call educated

7. Ad McG

And you are I suppose? I have seen absolutely nothing remotely educated from you at any time, mostly brainwashed material and mis-spelt garbage. I suppose the very well qualified trainers like BeWaterMyFriend and very experienced lifters like Blessed Samurai all know nothing huh?

The irony I was talking about was your spelling of education, nothing else. It was a joke, and now you've stepped up to insulting the entire forum. Well done.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  8. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

i didnt say i was educated, from what ive seen on this forum and the diversity of responses to most questions, no one or very few people on this forum seem to educated

9. Ad McG

How can you know that if you aren't educated yourself?

Diversity of responses - you will find that most of the educated people on here tend to agree on things, hence the lack of diversity (which I don't actually think there is - all manner of training methods are talked about here). By all means we are open to new things, but there are certain things in training that most educated people will agree one. I'm sorry if this forum won't tell you that your routine is the best - if that's what you're looking for then you came to the wrong place. If you want honest and educated discussions then you came to the right place, you just have to be more open minded about training before you blow off at people.

10. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

I dont want you to say my routine is the best, i posted it for the guy, becuase it works well for me, it could work well for him, its a starting point, he should adapt it to what he feels suites him over the next couple of weeks and months.

And about diversity of responses i mean people saying that high reps low weight is better for building strength and mass etc, although it could work for some people, it generally doesn't and is widely accepted by 99% of people

11. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

ROFLMAO!!! :D

I'm in much the same situation as you ken (except lighter still :p ) and started a thread of my own a little while back. I'm just going to get it sorted over the summer: eat, train, eat. Repeat. Apparently this is the way to go.

12. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Not many people recommend high reps here and the ones that do are forum newbies. Dont bring down the entire forum because of a few bad apples.

13. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I think you'll find people saying that tend to be corrected quite promptly.

14. Ad McG

And where did I EVER contradict that? Most regular people on here definitely would not. As everyone else said, it's mostly newer members who think along those lines. Doesn't mean to say there isn't some excellent content/discussions here.

15. TheCount

Maverick, you were on MT aren't you...? Many guys there recon that 1 - 2 Lb muscle is attaintable with good routine, diet and creatine (presuming your counting the growth outside the extra water haulage).

To be honest nForce, you are yet to convince me you are 'Educated'. And to sicken you more, im only 16 and nobody has yet openly said to me 'thats a load of rubbish'.

Is anyone else thinking Cannon is maybe getting a bit confused in all this?

16. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

what has you being 16 got to do with anything? and i go on muscletalk alot, can you please post me the threads were someone said 1-2lbs per week of muscle is attainable?

17. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Yeah, but I still don't think 2lbs a week of muscle is possible. Weight yes but a lot will be fat. We're talking a steroid cycle to get 2lbs a week of LBM.

When I first started training just after puberty I put on about 2 stone in as many months, this is because I started eating more and wasn't used to training though. Those were the days :cry:

And yes, to be honest I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. :confused:

18. TheCount

I dont go there anymore because there is too much abuse, harassment and other things that are encouraged and/or looked over by the admins. It was in a post a while back, you could maybe use the search feature.

Its attainable to an extent with good routine and so on mate and a lot of experienced people on there supported that. If your routine and so on is such that you can't make good gains maybe you have to think about it a little harder

19. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

lol mate your in dream land well and truly, youve told me 2lbs of muscle per week is attainable if your eat and diet correctly thats already alone made me disgard all your future advice,

muscle tends to come on in surges, some weeks none, then some weeks a bit, its not constant

20. TheCount

I know. But to be honest I agree with Adam. The fact that im only 16 and can see a lot of your stuff is incorrect horrifies me lol!

2Lbs is optimum achieveable a week, 1Lb a week or less still isn't "a good few years training" to get 20Lb as you put it.