140 and a teenager

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cannonballken, May 26, 2005.

1. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Mate, you've been had

So when a 50k person tries to loose fat or gain muscle, they take only 50g protein compared to about 120 - 150g? Thast 50g for what...20 or more kilos of muscle?

Last edited: May 26, 2005
  2. SparcZ

SparcZ That's flexibility!

Never trust American info. Remember "There are WMD's and we must act now speeches..." ;)

Anyways, I agree with the 1-1.5g/lb and since when do Americans speak in metric? lol

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

yes 1.5g per lb is good for an MAist/weightlifter.

1g per kg is nowhere near enough. That's about 70g for the average male, 140g would be getting there, 210g would be good. I have 70g alone after lifting!

4. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

The other questions already been answered, so...

Actually, chances are if you eat burgers that frequently, it HAS gotten to you. It doesn't only increase your weight. It jacks up your sugar levels, your cholesterol, chance of heart attack, your susceptibility to over 20 kinds of diseases (or sicknesses), and many other things. I don't think the Chinese food has had much effect, if any, because I really don't know about that.

If you haven't already, go to your local movie renter place and rent "Supersize Me"

:woo:

5. Maverick

Maverick New Member

It depends on what burgers and chinese food. Lean burgers are great, loads of protein, maccy D type ones, not so good. Hardly any meat and loads of crap.

Some chinese food is soaked in fat or fried, that ain't healthy either.

But at 140lbs you want all the food you can get.

6. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Baikai is showing the recommended by dietitians amount (ie a little higher than protein NEEDED). nForce is showing the recommended by most athletes (ie close to optimal intake).

7. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Like Maverick said, it totally depends on the Chinese Food. MSG is no good for somebody with gluten issues, and a lot of the food from American Chinese places is loaded in grease. Anyone who's had a bad batch of scallion pancakes knows what I mean. But there are healthier Chinese places too, especially in areas like California. If the restaurant offers brown rice, that's generally a pretty good indicator that their food is healthier. Excess saturated oil is not good for anyone, regardless of age

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Protein requirements in exercising people are actually LESS than people who don't exercise. However, to gain you have to consume an excess. Generally 1g per lb of LEAN body mass is a very good start, 1.5g per lb of mass is bordering on too much IMO, but per lb of LEAN body mass is fine. Consuming per excess fat mass is pretty pointless.

9. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

I aim for lean mass, but this guy is already lean, and im sure i tried to tell him thats for a normal day diet

10. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Thanks but..

Me
    Age 17
    Weight : 139
    *body type* ripped / atheletic
    Anyhow I want to gain about 20 solid pounds to my frame but I dont want to be arnold (our beloved governer of California)
    Ill take anything that wont stunt my growth also a good multi vitamin would do wonders

11. TheCount

Weightlifting dont stunt growth, some steroids might.

If you want to PM me Cannon I can dicuss with you a routine, supps and all that stuff

12. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Athletes should try and consume 1.8-2.2g/kg of bodyweight and up to 2.6g/kg of bodyweight.

Cannonballken, check out a search here in the forum, I've quoted a few times the virtue of higher protein intakes relating to positive nitrogen balance, negative fat balance, and increases protein synthesis.

13. Ad McG

YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ARNOLD!!!!!!

Why do people think that doing weights a few times will make you some behemoth? Millions of people try to be arnold, even try to get half as big and never get there. It takes YEARS and a lot of dedication, not just twice a week for a few months.

14. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

lol innit, this has to be the most annoying statement newbies say, and to add 20lbs of lean muscle look foward to couple of years of hard training

15. TheCount

nForce, by your methods yes. I've gained nearly 3 stone in height and muscle in 8 months and i easnt doing serious weights, 20Lbs isn't olympian mate, he could potentially do it and more in a year

16. Ad McG

How old are you Count? Sounds like it's not just muscle from working out, more natural growth. 40ish lbs in 8 months is LOADS and would normally take MUCH longer than 8 months for someone who isn't in puberty or on steroids.

17. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Ripped at 139? You mean skinny as a pole? Come on man EAT!!

18. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

Reality check mate.

19. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

lol "ripped" at 139 pounds, what you actually mean is you are skinny but have no fat so your muscles stand out. "ripped" would be someone like kid norifumi.

20. TheCount

I gained about 4 inches in height, added 10 kilos to bicep curl and went from only being able to do a single pressup to 30 at a time or benching 60kilos. Pretty reasonable gains there mate.

What you are saying nForce is that to add on 20Lb of muscle takes many many years, then how to IFBB competitors get so big? Don't just say steroids because I've seen natural people get much much MUCH more than 20Lb of muscle in a few years.