1 and a half stone weight loss

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by M Lambert, May 16, 2006.

1. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

Hi guys thanks for the advice... some new stuff to ponder:

I recently checked my BMI and I'm only 1 point (whole point though) over the max limit... so I think I have hope.

Ive restricted my food to Cereals, Fruit Juice, Water, 1 or 2 sandwhichs and a "regular" healthy meal throughout the day.

I went to my careers office yesterday and the guy there is confident he can make me fit enough for the marines let alone the Army, and as he is a personal trainer in a civilian field he is able to train me up whichever job I choose, so I will definately be taking advantage of this.

I have been doing 1 and a half mile runs / HIIT on 1000 metres this week and will increase the run to 3 miles next week (I can do it, but I dont want to "defeat myself" by hitting too much pain without this week to get used to getting up in the morning).

I've re-looked at the limits and I only need to lose 5 KG to hit the maximum maximum maximum limit... it doesnt look that much on the scales really...

Once I leave college I will be using my days doing my regular exercise now plus speed marching with loads on a 12 mile circuit daily. This should only take me 4 hours max but should burn alot.

Am I able to substitute a rest day with swimming? I have this aversion to rest days right now.... I really really dont like them, they make me feel crap.

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Make sure you keep the protein up, maybe even protein shakes or cottage cheese for low calorie ways to do it.

3. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Dont bother with cereals. Its designed to make you gain weight.

4. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

and the award for the most vague post is awarded to.....

care to explain a little further?

5. M Lambert

Care to explain the Special K two week challege? (OK so Im not actually doing it... but still :p)

Protein wise.... sandwhichs are all nice chickeny/ham/fish stuff and dinner is more chickeny/ham/fish stuff... lol

6. Vigilance

Vigilance Valued Member

You could eat nothing but potato chips for 2 weeks and still lose weight. So just because Special K promotes a gimmicky 2 week diet doesn't mean its effective.

Generally speaking, processed cereals have a very high GI. You would be much better off eating oatmeal instead.

7. M Lambert

fair point! lol

Well I'll be getting more opinion tomorrow as Im off to speak to more soldier-type people! lol... cheers for the advice people... keep it coming by all means please!

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Cereals are not filling (and are highly processed and expensive) -> You'll be hungry -> You eat more -> Fat gain.

I've also heard that cereals were first created to help people gain weight (get "plump"). True or not, thats what it does.

I call whole grain oats the anti-cereal. Its taste like crap at first but you get used to it.

9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i add raisens and banana to my oameal in the morning. it brightens it up no end.

10. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

You can get lower GI cereals without sugars added etc from health food stores, I use them all the time. It does involve reading the ingredients.