Zodiac signs and Compatibility

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by warriorofanart, Mar 22, 2008.

1. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Whats your sign and do you think it reflects your personality correctly? Do you think the Compatibility is true? Like Scorpios are compatible with Capricorn, etc.

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I am nothing like my western zodiac sign....Leo

However,

My Chinese zodiac sign (Dragon) is very much like me...in everyway.:D

3. warriorofanart

I've never paid any attention to the Chinese Zodiac signs. I am the Snake though which is kind of like the Scorpio poisonous :yeleyes: :)

I should check it out :p

Edit: Actually reading my Chinese astrology sign, the Snake, it's the same as my Western one, the Scorpio, in alot of ways.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  4. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

85% of the pisces is crap in my case.

The chinese: The Horse with the Fire element is pretty much right on target!

5. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Mines the taurus and the rooster, as far as the details go, it's really half and half. That's probably the case for a lot of folks though......

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well i don't think much about the zodiacs, but i'm a sagittarius and a metal horse, if memory serves.

dunno if they match, will have to research a bit.

7. warriorofanart

Maybe we have the attributes that goes with our Zodiac signs but only to a certian degree that we aren't even aware of them.

For example here are the Scorpios attributes:

- Loyal
    - Passionate
    - Resourceful
    - Observant
    - Dynamic

While I tend to agree with most on here (who wouldn't :)) I come to a disagreement about the weaknesses:

- Jealous
    - Obsessive
    - Suspicious
    - Manipulative
    - Unyielding

I never considered myself to have some :p of these but maybe I'm ignoring them on purpose.

8. WatchfulAbyss

I always just figured people in general posses all of the qualities listed it's just a matter of no one quality being necessarily dominant.

As a side note, I actually met someone at a concert once who all but ran away from me after asking me what my sign was. :confused: (Which was ok since nobody in my group wanted this person around anyway, but still, it was a bit strange....)

9. warriorofanart

The Taurus or the Rooster? both are dangerous though :p

10. WatchfulAbyss

Taurus... It was a three day concert/fest. I got the impression that between the drugs and hippie hangups, that she got a bit ahead of herself. But it was weird and not to mention a bit humorous to say the least.

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well let's see: i'm a yang metal horse and a Sagittarius.

metal

unyieldingness and persistence(IE hardheadedness) - check
    ambitious and controlling - not so much
    loner - check
    good organization - pfffffffffffffft, yeah right.
    conduct electricity - *zap* check
    grief and courage - average i'd say

yang horse

willing to give - more or less
    expects liberty - yes, please
    quick witted and inquisitive - depends
    enjoys attention - not really
    easily flattered - sometimes not, sometimes i smile like a tool when flattered
    indiscreetness- depends on the situation
    impulsive - not really
    tactless- varying degrees of
    defiant - when i feel it's necessary, yes
    gullible - nah i'm actually slightly cynical most of the time
    impatient - used to be, MA ironed it out

sagittarius

witty conversationalist - sometimes
    freedom loving / free-spirited - yes
    idealistic / believing - more idealistic in mind, with a touch of pragmatism on action
    moral - a bit
    intelligent / intellectual - yes
    positive / optimistic - more like realist
    honest / sincere - mostly
    reliable - sometimes
    enterprising / ambitious - see above
    energetic - YES
    versatile - somewhat
    adventurous - not really
    independent - absolutely
    generous - more or less
    temperamental - depends
    impatient - see above
    quick temper/biting tongue - if i get really angry then yes, if not then not so much

so it's basically about 70 or 80% correct but a bit more subdued than what extremist astrology sites say.

and some parts are just plain wrong.

12. ember

ember Valued Member

Taurus Sun, Sagitarius moon, Leo rising
    Fire Dragon

Fire:

--Dynamic, Humanitarian, Enterprising, Adventurous, Restless
    --Competitive, Leadership Skills, Strong, Single-minded, Loves a good laugh

Check

Dragon:

Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, zealous, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, ambitious, generous, loyal.
    - usually

Can be arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, eccentric, grandiloquent and extremely bombastic, prejudiced, dogmatic, over-bearing, violent, impetuous, brash.
    - sometimes

Taurus:

earth, fixed, personal): Keyword: "I have". Resourceful, thorough, devoted, patient, sensual, affectionate, cautious, musical, artistic, solid, earthy, strong, sturdy, kind. Can be slow, possessive, stubborn, acquisitive, indulgent.
    - Yep

But the question is, which comes first? I happen to like many of the characteristics of m signs. So I will claim them. But I believe that there is choice involved, not pure destiny.

13. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I've never bought into any of it. I'm a Gemini and whilst I can identify with some of the supposed character traits supposedly linked to being a Gemini if I take time to read through a few other profiles its more or less the same story.

So with that said I don't narrow down my dating pool by star sign either. :p

14. WatchfulAbyss

Generally speaking I'd be willing to bet that's going to be the case for most people. Not to mention, I've only ever met a hand full of people who take it seriously....

15. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Well, I don't know a whole lot about my signs. But here's a chance to find out.
    In western Astrology, I'm a Virgo.

They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues.
    Yep. That's about right.

in their unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty, with a good understanding of other people's problems which they can tackle with a practicality not always evident in their own personal relationships.
    Not so much...

Their minds are such that they need the stimulus of practical problems to be solved rather than the mere routine or working to set specifications that need no thought.

Yep there you go.

I'm supposedly compatable with:
    Taurus- Definately
    Capricorn- Meh. Don't know many.
    Cancer- More or less.
    Scorpio- Don't know many.

And in Chinese, I'm a Monkey.

Water Monkey – Years 1932 and 1992
    Water Monkeys are extremely sensitive and often feel hurt by the things that are said to them. They refuse to show their sensitive side to others and as a result, are extreme jokesters. If they can stay focused, they can succeed, but more often than not, they’re easily distracted from their goals.

I can agree with most of that. I'm very good at controlling my moods so no one knows what's on my mind, and I lose focus easily.

Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness.
    Yep.

Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged.

And that has to be the most accurate of all.

All Red text is copied from: www.chinesezodiac.com

All purple text is copied from:
    http://www.astrology-online.com/virgo.htm

16. warriorofanart

17. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I'm a Leo and yes I live up to my sign. :p
    I always like the being the best and I hate being wrong.

In the Chinese zodiac I'm a horse and my element is metal, which I think is funny because I like listening to heavy metal.

18. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

The entire 6 billion people on the earth can be seperated into twelve personality categories based on the months when they were born? Don't think so.

Everyone is full of generic stuff that can apply to most people.

That said I like being a Scorpio simply because Scorpions are badass. Unfortunately in China I get pig...

19. Topher

Topher allo!

I'm Ophiuchus ;)

20. ember

ember Valued Member

My son is pig. I've read that many Asians try to have a child in the year of the pig. I wasn't too sure about it until I read another translation that called it the year of the boar. It's funny the difference a word makes, but my understanding is that wild boar (and sows) should not be taken lightly, they can be quite fierce.