Yours, Ours or Theirs...which Generals Uniforms do you like???

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Sep 20, 2011.

?

Which Generals Uniforms do you like?

1. Kuk Sool Won Generals Uniforms are my favorite!

31.8%
  2. Kuk Sool of California & Kuk Sool of San Diego Generals Uniforms are my choice!

4.5%
  3. I never liked the Generals Uniforms!!!

45.5%
  4. I haven no opinion...

18.2%
  1. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I am pretty sure GM In Sun Seo is a Vietnam veteran!:cool:

2. Convergencezone

Convergencezone Valued Member

Ok, Well that's different, if the women want it, then it should their choice. One of the women who trains with us loves her pink boxing gloves!

3. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Jay Lee AFAIK is retired from MA maybe I should have said KJN Jay Lee (retired) no hidden innuendo on my part.

Yes that's why I said many many more, feel free to list them all if you want, I didn't know GM Larry was in the military, I did know Liam was, however that is quite obvious according to his sig line. Seemed redundant to list him. Anyway I got lazy half way through the post.

Thanks for the help.:cool:..you complete me

4. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

The only generals uniforms that I have access to are the very well made custom ones that I get while in Korea. I have tried to get a few different tailors to duplicate the ones that my students and I use but the material and the detailed work would be far to expensive here in the USA. I know that there are much cheaper and simpler generals uniforms, but I don't have one of these that a tailor could make a pattern from.

5. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

You should upload a couple of pictures of the type of uniforms your speaking about Moosulmaster. Are they similiar to those worn by Steve/Scott Seo KJN?

6. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Sorry my friend, I usually MAP from my smart phone so no pictures. But to answer your question, yes I get my generals uniforms from the same place the Seo brothers do. They are a taylor made uniform and very well made.

7. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

Very nice. I have seen pictures, then, of the uniforms in question and they are very nice looking! I want a new poll: WKF or Other's. I vote WKF! LOL

8. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

That is how I have ours made...they are hand tailored for each student...and I am still able to keep them in the same price neighborhood as the KSW Generals uniforms...

9. Jindotgae

Jindotgae Valued Member

cant say im a massive fan of the silver generals us 'won' people wear but all the other colours i quite like! its also a cool idea to be able to distinguish between ranks easier like you have done with yours but when you look at it from a £$£$£$£$£$ perspective spending £190 (yes they have just gone up) ontop of your testing fees when you promote seems abit silly for something that most people will only wear no more times than you can count on one hand throughout the space of a year.

id say a thing i dont like about your style of generals is the material used for the the coloured trim. its all just abit to shiny for my taste.
    i do recall reading on here somewhere about another kuk sool organization having a blue generals for SBN's ? never did see a picture of it though (a link would be awesome) really liked the sound of them.

also wondering has increasing the length of them effected the practicality of them when training or not much difference?

cheers

-J

10. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

I have a silver-trimmed WKSA General's Uniform I'd be happy to sell to someone who wants one. Adult size 5 I'd say.

11. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I remember looking too a while back and did find one picture of a blue trimmed uniform. Of course, I can't find it now...but I'll continue to look. Yes, I'm that bored at work.

12. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

Pugil, is it the "Ho Kuk Mu Yea" four hangul on the back or the new WKSA uniform?

13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

If it's Ollies original one it probably say Shilla or Goguryeo on the back hehe. :evil:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  14. Jindotgae

Jindotgae Valued Member

Whilst on the subject of the back of the uniforms what does it actually say on the WKSA generals, tracksuit and blackbelt uniforms? Always wonderd.

-J

15. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

세계국술협회
    Sae Kye Kuk Sool Hyub Hae
    World Kuk Sool Association

16. Jindotgae

Jindotgae Valued Member

Thanks! Recognised the kuk sool bit but not sure about the other bit, thought it was blackbelt related to be honest. Need to get my act together and get my head into some korean language!

-J

17. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

FYI, learning hangeul is not a requirement until you test for 5th dan. However, it IS rather easy to learn. And technically speaking, that phrase works in chinese too. ;)

世界國術協會 = 세계국술협회 = World Martial Arts Association

Unless the WKSA has changed its MO, the exact same thing SHOULD be embroidered on your black belt (one side in korean, the other in english).

18. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Yup, same thing as UNK stated on our belts... at least as of Sep 2010 when I got mine.

19. elliotmurphy

elliotmurphy Valued Member

And June 2011 when I got mine

20. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Yes, it's the earlier one I have with "Ho Kuk Mu Yea" on the back.