Your school borrow from boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by AAAhmed46, Oct 15, 2004.

1. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

For non boxers. DO any of your schools borrow things from boxing?

Mine does to a degree, alot of our punches and borrowed from boxing, and we learn to bob and weave. We uppercut and hook a bit different though....but its basically the same.

What about you guys?

2. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

and i mean SCHOOL not STYLE.

3. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

Some of our defence drills involve an attacker throwing some boxing punches against the defender using tong long. It makes it a bit more realistic in simulating a pub fight or whatever and just mixes it up a bit.

4. Godhand

Godhand New Member

yeah my school borrows a bit from boxing as the Sensei is a Diamond Gloves winner and the Kyoshi bare knuckle boxes, so some days we do alot of boxing drills, it's very helpful for those of us like myself who prefer to only throw kicks.

5. silentwarrior

silentwarrior Valued Member

yes my school also borrows from boxing. Reason being is it is the first system my instructor trained in when he was a kid. I think its good because boxers work soly with thier hands devoloping them to get good technique and phenomanal hand speed. i think it is good to borrow from those techniques and drills but my school does not work with speed bags or heavy bags just standing water bags. i wonder if this is a bad thing? anyway thats my two cents.