Your Religion (if any)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Master J, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

Christian.

2. Spike!

Spike! New Member

Muslim convert.

3. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

skeptic- agnostic

4. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

Christian

5. Meshugener87

Meshugener87 New Member

6. mekosho

mekosho New Member

excuse making christian wannabe...lol
    i know the rules, i just need to live by them

7. Spike!

Spike! New Member

So then i guess its safe to say that your arent a christian but you want to be. Your not anything unless you follow it. Im sure many would agree. Its like saying your a BB without the belt.

Rob

8. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

hmmm. i dont think so
    you can agree with the ideology which is the main thing.
    religions shouldnt be seen as a set of rules but a philosophy for life

9. Spike!

Spike! New Member

I agree but you cant get a black belt without the training. Thats the whole point. Just b/c you say you are something doesnt mean you are.

Rob

10. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

dont want to get this off topic, but remember, its the skill that matters, not the belt, just as its the love for god that matters, not the rules. no one can follow all the rules on their own. it can only be done with the help of the holy spirit, and then it is often at the very edge of your strength. if you really are a christian, and have been saved, youll know it. you may slip some, but someone who's willing to admit it is a lot farther along than those who think theyre perfect already.

11. Spike!

Spike! New Member

Thats true but ask anyone you consider to be ther "perfect" Your religion here and tell him/her that you belive in/love god/jesus/allah/anyone else but you dont follow the rules and they will all tell you no matter what religion that you wont be going to heaven. I personally think that you can love whoever and not follow any rules but from a technical(religion) stand point you wont be going to heaven. I agree with ou all though doesnt matter to me if you follow the rules as long as you believe with all your heart.

rob

12. blue-sash

blue-sash Banned Banned

SO pee pants..........

Hi,

If you are a muslim convert, which religion were you before converting? if you don't mind me asking.

Dave

13. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

mcpee pants i am a student of religious studies. what your saying really depends on which theology you follow. some believe all will go to heaven in the end, no matter what your faith. faith is merely for understanding.

14. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

hahah, doesnt exactly sound bona fide

15. Spike!

Spike! New Member

I was a christian before i converted. And i do believe most people that have faith in God/whatever will go to heaven as long as you believe with all your heart and live a good life. I guess you could say im not your traditional muslim.

rob

16. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

Christian for about three or four years. No one can really offend a religion by not believing in it. People just follow what their heart leads them to.

17. renshinkai

renshinkai New Member

Atheist. No offence to anyone, but I find no comfort in worshipping a God. Again, no offence to anyone, but I think alot of religions just take the fun stuff out of life.

18. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

yup if you dont follow the rules at all, youre going to hell. (assuming youre christian) but with no actual love for God, you cant follow the rules. if you do love and belive and all that, youll want to follow them. you will fail, but not always and God knows your intentions and if you always try to do right, no matter how much you fail, he'll forgive you. i know some who do break a lot of the rules, but would never revoke their faith under persecution, and He said that that was what would show the true christians.

19. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Firstly Anglican, then Atheist, then Buddhist, then Agnostic, then Baptist. Very long, windy spiritual journey.

20. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

My religion is training.