Your Most Memorable Weirdo?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, May 12, 2007.

1. Lily

Lily Valued Member

That was for North Zimbabwe.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Brrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

TaaaSHHHHHHH

**tank parks** :topic:

3. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Actually, another bujinkan dojo was suggested...one that was closer to where he lives (St Kilda) as Tim resides just around the corner from us.

If that particular Sensei is reading this...Sorry about that chief! ;)

As for what happened next
    1) Got really upset that he was not allowed to join the class but had to run through an introductory class.
    2) Was not comfortable with the concept of a white belt
    3) Told the shodan running him through the introduction that he knew all the basics and was taught to "kill differently"
    4) Become very very upset and animated when he watched us sparring because we were training with gloves on and on matts, when it should have been - in his words authentic ninja training bare knuckled and on concrete
    5) Spent the next hour sitting in the waiting area telling some poor guy that came to watch the class about he he was born to be a ninja...suffice to say the other guy didn't join either.

It was funny, but disturbing as well....

4. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

5. MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle Shakin' like Bacon

This wasn't at a Bujinkan dojo so forgive me, but at the old TKD place I went to there was this kid who was fairly normal.....until we did bag work. Then he would just repeatedly body-check the bag instead of practicing whatever technique we were doing, and nobody could convince him otherwise. He always ended up in trouble, and didn't get very far. It was good for entertainment if you got discouraged though.

6. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Okay, I saw this guy around San Diego in the mid-90s, the guy always wore tabi, black cargo pants, and some polyester chinese-style shirt. Plus, he actually had the Mortal Combat Dragon symbol tattoo'd in the middle of his chest!
    [​IMG]
    I always saw him riding around on an old 10spd bike with a shinai tucked under his backpack.
    I would on occasion go to a friday "sticky hands" gathering at a kung-fu school I knew people at, and sometimes this guy would show up and basically try to muscle people around and then perform flying kicks on the heavy bags whilst screaming Bruce Lee style.
    I also heard that he attempted to bully folks at some of the coffee shops downtown, but I never saw this.

Now for Part II: I told my current girlfriend about the guy on our way to Earth Day '06 in Balboa Park San Diego, and just when we were getting ready to leave, she looked over my shoulder like she'd seen a ghost. I turned around, and THERE THE GUY WAS. On his bike, dressed exactly as he had a decade before, shinai and tabi included! :rolleyes:

I'll see if I can find a picture. I think that I got one.

7. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

We need pictures. Please.... Pictures. Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze......

8. K0koro

K0koro Valued Member

Will

Remember Blade from Chuldow?

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

:D

But you do have me residing in your dojo now... So all loonies seem to stay clear. ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  10. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

These stories are great. And they make me look sane :D

11. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

And you was worried that you were? :D

12. Victoria

They don't know me yet :D

13. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

You see... There is a fundamental law of the Universe. You can not have 2 weirdos in any one dojo or there may be a paradox. It is something to do with the universe turning into a Salvador Dali painting or Escher....

Either that or the world implodes and comes back as something more strange. Mind you, that happened a few weeks ago. So basically, you are all none the wiser about it all.

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Every thread..........

15. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Is your jacket coming undone Greg?

16. saitamagnome

saitamagnome 平等

There are many stories i could add to this but I think a few quick ones from the old seminar rounds back in the 80s

*The kid who asked me once if I ever killed a man.

*observing a student at a seminar warming up by headbutting his head against a
    wooden post(They breed them tough in texas from memory)

17. Victoria

I'm surprised you don't have more stories Greg with the weirdo's over your way :D

18. K0koro

K0koro Valued Member

V

He doesnt like talking about himself though :D

19. Victoria

Haha :D That's great

*makes a swift exit*

20. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

There was a really weird girl who came to class one day...She sounded Welsh, i may be wrong...but i think her name was Victoria....