Your fighting nickname!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Su lin, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ok, so if you were/are fighting ,what would your fighting nickname be? I'm struggling to come up with one, not that I need one. I have no ideas, but then again it's Sunday night and I just ate a big meal.

What's your name and where did it come from? :cool:

2. kingoftheforest

kingoftheforest It's Good to be the King

I'd prefer, if I was fighting, to just gain one from notoriety. Like when people get nicknames from friends that kind of fit their personality.

3. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Ummm, well I don't have a fighting nickname but I kind of have two official given nicknames. They have some possibly tedious explanations....

1. Chopper
    A couple of travelling Aussies decided I look like Mark "Chopper" Reid, and named me Chopper. It stuck. I do actually bear some resemblance to him and even use a picture of him as my facebook profile picture! A number of friends and one ex girlfriend thought the picture really was me. I found this a little offensive, but being a knifemiester it's not a bad name.

2. Mountain.
    My name is Martin(a name oft given to nerds and fat blokes). A Japanese girl asked my name within earshot of one of my mates. I said Martin, she replied "Oh Mountain, like this", and made a mountain sign by touching her fingertips together above her head in a sort of Mountain/triangle shape. For the next few years my friends would stand on chairs, make the 'sign of the mountain' and shout "Aaaah Mountain" in a slightly racist faux Japanese accent:hat:.

I think both could be respectable fighting names!

4. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Old Palden.

Duh....

5. Leaf

Leaf New Member

I don't currently have a nickname in MA, but in soccer, I used to be "Ninja," mostly because of my falling/rolling/diving all over the place and participation in MA, (which *were* connected.) But I'd wait for someone else to come up with one. It's more fun that way.

6. liero

liero Valued Member

"that freaking scary awesome guy noone wants to fight"

7. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

when i workd at the bars, it was "Bull" cause i look like bull from nightcourt

in class its "fatty" cause i'm the heavyweight (but not fat)

8. TheForbiddenOne

TheForbiddenOne Banned Banned

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

louise "machine gun" McCall

10. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

mine would be Axel "the crap" B

11. ross-24

ross-24 Valued Member

Don't have a fighting nickname, but some people know me as Flea others as Ginge lol. Flea because I used to be short in first year but I've grown to just about average now... Ginge 'cause of the hair colour.

12. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Cross forum threads! :O

I see you left out the drunken debauchery from this one!

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol, drunken debauchery? Me? Never :D

Thought it would be interesting to compare and contrast the responses :D

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Nicknames are generally given or earned.

So either we have to give you one :evil:

Or you and your coaches could choose one based on your personal fighting style (not your sparring style, sparring is different from fighting).

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I know, it was a bit of fun. Well supposed to be.

16. FeloniusMonk

FeloniusMonk New Member

I'm known as "Splash" at training due to... Well.... A hot summer's day and a lot of sit-ups to be honest

17. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

At rugby, I'm sometimes referred to as Kia-Ora. Like the drink. There used to be a chap who played that was called Tango. I was apparently just like him, but younger. So I was called Kia-Ora. I don't think it would work as a fighting name though.

18. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I've had many nicknames over the years including short ****, stumpy, little fella, sadly none of these would sound scary as a fighting name. I was also called Bad Ass for a while after an incident on the rugby field with a guy twice my size (nothing physical, just physched the guy out, after he started trying to mouth off). I have also been called Jet Leigh, by my instructor a few times (taking the mick obviously!!!)

19. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I thought they were issued along with the mandatory tatoos and trash talk 101... doesn't that all come with the membership fees at the local gym?

:evil:

20. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Seconded! Me likes dis one!

The folks I train w/ call me "Tank". I am not very big but I move deliberately and I can take a beating. I can deliver big hits when it counts. I won't be hard to find either. Like a tank, I am just there! You see it, now what?

Maybe I can get them to change it to "APV" (armored personnel vehicle) :confused:

(I had to call up a training partner to get all that as I thought everyone believed me to be just slow and lumbering :eek:)