Your fight style?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Southpaw535, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I kept getting Jamie yesterday with low inside leg kicks when he jabbed me :D

2. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

It would work in sport to exactly the same extent as in a real fight, not very well. Theoretically possible but extremely unlikely to do anything other than out you in a bad spot.

3. EvilhomerNZ

EvilhomerNZ Valued Member

.......Andy Hug calls bulll****.

My style?

Jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. cross.
    Jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. jab.. Flying triangle.

4. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Andy Hug never did any damage with a axe kick andhe certainly never broke anyones collar bone. He rarely used them. Still a great kickboxer though. RIP.

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Don't remember him breaking any collerbones? He possibly could have but it would still be a low percentage technique for someone of his skill level.

6. wushurichard

wushurichard Banned Banned

my style consists of a number of gong fu variants. the main being cannon fist and phoenex eye. i have also studies ishin ryu jujutsu

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I run away from people and throw low kicks and jabs and push kicks and side kicks to keep them away so i can run away more effectively. I don't ever plan on winning by KO, ever. Win by point FTW.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I doubt running away will get you many points.

9. Touch of death

Touch of death Valued Member

i use a hyper uppercut to the nuts.

if you are fighting to the death don't go unarmed.

10. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Harass with teeps and lead leg kicks, and the occasional head kick. If he keeps his distance, just keep harrying him until he makes a mistake or runs the time out.

That'll usually get someone driving in past kicking range, though, where I'm going to want to catch him with a big punch and clinch or shoot for the takedown.
    On the ground I'm just trying to turn feet around backwards. If he gives me an arm or a sweep, I'll take it and try to cut him from the top, hurt him with elbow/knee digs, shoulder punches and weight rides till he gives me something.

I've only had one fight and while I did everything pretty much as I wanted to, it just wasn't enough that night.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Lyoto

12. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I think that might actually be down to all those knockouts. Not sure though.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Flexibility is my strong point. Being able to kick like Bill Wallace means I can do a lot of things other people can't, such as throwing head kicks from the clinch. I can also knee to the head from some pretty awkward angles. Two or three solid kicks to the head has always been enough to knock my opponent off his game. My sprawl is pretty solid and on the floor I use my flexibility to pull BJ Penn-esque rubber guard, triangles and leg locks.

14. Kraken

Kraken Valued Member

HURT THEM and try to not let them hurt me

15. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

right because we are all out there fighting to the death... :rolleyes:

16. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

I like to stay on my feet if possible. Staying on the outside using timing and distancing with jabs, reverse punches/crosses, and kicks to keep my opponent on the outside. If my opponent attempts to close, I like to fight from the clinch preferably a Thai clinch using elbows, and knees. I’m not to big a fan of trying to get the standing under-hook game. On the ground I like to look for the submission, rather than GnP, but I will if the opportunity presents itself. I rather go for the sub. Also if I’m pulling guard I look for the quickest opportunity to sweep, and gain side control. well that’s me in a nutshell.:fight1: