You know you have been doing MA too long if ;

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kata-Kid, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

When I show up with a black eye, EVERYONE knows what happened. They don't ask, they usually torment though...

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Years ago a classmate of mine turned and bowed as we were leaving MacDonald's. The rest of us wouldn't let that go for weeks.

3. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

* you say to the salesman in the women's store, "Nice pants, but I don't think
    I can kick in them."... Often, but if I look cool I consider it, even though I can't kick in them.

* Instead of walking or jogging around the store, you practice pivoting,
    sweeps, stances and kicks... Guilty

* When you hit your head on a low doorway or ceiling and kick it in anger
    and _damage_ it... Once in a while

* when you use various strikes to turn lights off and on;... Usually back fist

* open and close doors with spinning kicks... Back kick is my favorite.

* When standing in line you find yourself practicing some stance from your
    art... usually long stances

* When you don't use any tools while splitting firewood. ...Hate to admit it, but yes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  4. nightcrawlerEX

nightcrawlerEX Valued Member

Guilty of all these

5. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

You bow and say, "goodnight everyone" as you leave McDonald's- nearly did this the other night.

6. Carly_TKD

Carly_TKD New Member

i do the striking the light switch one all the time! One day, at school i was going in to the gym for my pe class (which is where i train of an evening with my tkd class) ,and on the way in i went to bow in front of my class. I managed to style it out, by looking as if i was tying my shoe lace though!

7. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

I find yself in the list too ... hmm ..

8. firesprite

firesprite Irate Pirate

...The only thing that stops me doing this is that it's so big

...I still do this sometimes!

...Most of the time

...Not as much now that I don't do a striking art anymore

...I Almost always press the traffic light buttons in town that way too

...more often than I'd care to admit

heh heh :D

...sometimes

...No, but I've had to stop myself calling them 'sir' all the time

9. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Any stick you pick up, you judge for weight and balance and see how well you can spin it.

(or is that just me?)

Practise you newly learnt move on your boyfriend/girlfriend and then when they complain defend yourself by saying 'that was only soft'.

Decide to take the inflatable games of pugel sticks seriously as an indicator of your martial arts experience and when you lost your balnce you throw the centre of your stick into the bridge of the other guys nose!

(yep that was me!)

Watch a martial arts film with a non martial art friend/girlfriend/boyfriend and tell them what moves would really work and what is wire work and not effective.

:)

10. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

Yes. EVERY time I play pool and im waiting for my turn, im saying to myself (just hold the que there beside you, Do Not attempt to spin it...again).

11. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

yeah, but i suspect you sneak in a crafty half spin on the way to the table!

12. I'm lucky. The only pool tables I regularaly get to use really aren't in hot demand. I can actually walk in, pick one up, walk outside. Give it back when someone asks. It's all good.

13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

You mean pick up the pool cue surely not the pool table and walk outside, not unless the pool table is a fold-away one or unless you are green and called Lou..!

14. tkdextra1

tkdextra1 Valued Member

I've one that I realised this morning:

You got to see a doctor, and when he's listening to your breathing, you have to resist the urge to yell on the last breath.

15. bonita

bonita Valued Member

* when you're practicing your arm blocks while driving down the highway,
    notice someone in another car staring at you, and suddenly turn your block
    into vigorously fanning away an imaginary fly

OMG i have done this so many times!

16. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

*whenever you're cooking you practice picking up the hot pots on the stove by the sides with your bare hands because you never know when you need to throw boiling water in the face of an intruder.

*you insist on sitting at the side of a table with the best view of the room and you test the weight of the table to see how well it would serve as a barricade against arrows/poison darts.

*you hold a chair up to see how well it could be used to block an attacker's weapon before letting the lady sit in it.

*You keep getting your girlfriend earrings and hairpins that can double as weapons.

17. Brando

Brando New Member

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only one who did these things. My friends all started looking at me funny when I started answering with 'hai' without even thinking about it.