Yoga - for ninjers

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dead_pool, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Kiai said:-
    Can I ask what point of reference you are using? How do you know that everybody else isn't doing exactly the same? How do you know that it's not simply your own mind imprinting onto your perceptions of others?

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

*waves hand*

This isn't the thread you're looking for!

3. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

If you mean about body language or some form of cold reading?
    I have research them techniques deeply, they are not the same from what i experience.
    with those techniques you are seaching profiling you try to see what fits into the puzzle, with me they are sensation, thoughts, feelings it feels as a part of me.

To me it's no different as some unexplained reason some people have the abilities for mnemonics, child musically prodigies, or animal tamers/communication.
    many don't, will or never be able to learn to have those talents, its just part of there nature its who they are.
    its what makes them
    Them.
    Funny if you think hundreds of years ago no one want to hear about people with different abilities, they would call them witches, torture and burn them! and now in these times they just call them liers dismiss them as living in a fantasy or mentally unstable.
    Not to much has changed since then, its just handled differently.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

How do i know you will except what ever answer i give to you.
    if you already made up your mind of what to belive then what else can i do?
    I have told you my experiences.
    i did not say these things for some kind of entertainment or amusement.

I do not know what else to say to you,
    did i research on things like this? yes

Did i ask questions to the people i felt there were problems? yes

Have i explained to others to see if they had any of the same experiences? yes

Do i know or talked to people who had simular experiences? yes

Is it my fault people may not understand or have simular experiences? No.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

6. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Hey, I asked you a nice simple question with no hidden agenda. Why the narky attitude?

I'll leave you to it mate. :rolleyes:

7. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

I don't know how long i should play this game tit for tack, because in the end of this post noughting changes, you belive what you want and i am still who i am, but since you want to bring in zebras i will show you one ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/clairsentience

MWDAndy
    I am sorry if you feel that i was rash to you, please mate no offence was intended.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  8. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

No worries at all mate. I actually was asking genuine questions and if you'd care to take a shot at answering them I'm genuinely interested.

9. Dead_pool

''I don't know how long i should play this game tit for tack, because in the end of this post noughting changes, you belive what you want and i am still who i am, but since you want to bring in zebras i will show you one ,''

Im not trying to change who you are, I actually have a similar expereince in that I can often tell when people are lying, which to me feels like a cold chill, however its not becuase im reading there mind with 'magic fairy dust' there is a rational explaination for it. Belive what you want to belive, one way leads to acceptance of all mannor of fraudulent chicanery like clairvoyance which is often used to fleece people of there money when there are at there most vulnerable, the other leads to life long critical thinking. How many suki do you want in your mental kamae? As a certain Mr DW would say 'may your choices be good ones.'

10. bencole

bencole Valued Member

Right, DW? ;)

-ben

11. Dead_pool

Yes DW, he's like the poster boy for critical thinking, I heard when Dawkins is in a tight spot he prays to DW for guidance.

12. Dead_pool

http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/bodybalance/bodybalance-group-fitness-program.aspx

‘’
    BODYBALANCE™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.’’

I attended a yoga class last week and the teacher was off ill (irony there) anyway a body balance teacher took the class instead. The warm up was fast chi-kung type movements, incorrectly taught but ok in that no physical injury could of occurred, we then led onto some Pilates type balance exercises which were good, then into Pilates core work which was excellent, then it moved onto the yoga ‘salute the sun’ form which was good yet done too fast to allow any stretch to occur. The entire class was wrapped up in a NLP based script which also used body position (move your foot up to the centre of your chest) as a reference guide, there was no feedback from the instructor however as far as weekend qualified classes go I thought it was ok, but not ideal for people with no background in ‘bodywork type classes.

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Some teachers do it slower or faster, as the class progresses they spend longer on each stretch, (it renews on a 3 month or so cycle) - I agree it's OK but not Ideal but I can do as many classes as I want at no extra cost with my Glasgow Club gym membership. I can do body combat, body step, body pump and body attack too as well as spin and core, like anything else you get out what you put in.