Yay for soft tissue damage !

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Tomiki Ryu, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Tomiki Ryu

Tomiki Ryu New Member

Wrecked my right elbow the other night during a multiple attacker randori. Wasn't my fault, the Tori tried to throw me into a wall (by accident I'm sure) so I had no room to roll out of the arm twist. *pop pop pop!* Nothing broken, got my MRI scheduled for tue. wish me luck, heh. Worst part is that I can't hit the dojo or lift weights for a month or two, that's going to kill me :cry:

2. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Not your fault??? I could be a b$**** and say that it's your fault for getting thrown in the first place, but that's not fair.

Seriously though, good luck on that scan man. Just goes to show that Aikido's not as ****y as a lot of people make it out to be.

3. kevamania

kevamania Valued Member

Good luck with that Tuesday.Hope ya have a quick recovery

4. Tomiki Ryu

Tomiki Ryu New Member

"Not your fault??? I could be a b$**** and say that it's your fault for getting thrown in the first place, but that's not fair."

Ah, well it's a give and take thing my friend, I only give about 1/2 resistance when doing multiple randori, otherwise the Tori isn't going to get full benefit from the exercise. If he was Dan rank I'd resist more but in this case he happened to be 3rd Kyu. Even in one on one randori I won't give anybody anything but once they have it you just go with it most times, particularly if I'm playing against a lower rank. Same rank or higher I'll fight harder and try to counter, etc. In this case we were too close to the wall for him to throw me and my head was down so I couldn't see well. He should have either gone for the arm lock/switched to kote gaeshi/or let me go. Anyways, when you play hard these things happen, not looking for sympathy, I'm just home, bored and need to post, lol.

This is the throw for the curious -> http://www.gedanate.com/udegarame-aikido-throw-09.html

5. Shotokan2004

Shotokan2004 New Member

somthing similar happend like that at my dojo. A man was being put in a Shihonagi, and the guy who was getting fliped got his toe caught in the other guys Hakkama. and fell on his sholder. and the same thing happened.