Wow...just wow...

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Hannibal, May 11, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Nothing amazes me more than a good quality RBSD video with dependable advice and realistic responses to the ever increasing threats i todays urban jungles....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAVAJNzHtU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAVAJNzHtU[/ame]

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

An oldie but a goodie!

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Gotta love TRS!

4. AndrewTheAndroid

I am surprised no one jumped in at the end and yelled "NERDS!"

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Well it DOES say that the gracies are afraid to reveal these techniques....

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

the gracies are afraid to reveal these techniques.......

which...

are......

going.....

to.......

get.....

you......

killed.....

THIS is what the gracies are afraid to reveal

7. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Always a good sign when they say "the techniques <someone else> is afraid to reveal" that the video's gonna be hilariously bad :D

I got as far as "Take your little glasses off" :p

8. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

I love the choke sounds

9. d0ugbug

and here I was thinking about bookmarking this when I saw "ball flurries" i thought tonight id have some fun :(

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ball Flurries. My new go-to technique. :)

11. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

The people on the video seem to me to be knowledgeable and sincere - however there are various flaws and perhaps the biggest one is what I call "The reasonable attacker" - The reasonable attacker will attack you with intent but rarely 'lethal intent' and the reasonable attacker will respond to attacks that cause pain or cause a joint to be immobilized.

What they don't take into account is that there are also 'Unreasonable Attackers' - people with natural high pain thresholds. People who are drunk or on drugs. Or even someone who is just SOOOOO angry (filled with rage) that they will be able to suffer injury 'willingly'...

Of course the key to effective combat is to know what kinds of attack and attackers you may face... It's easy when you type that on a computer, less easy to determine it accurately in real life :) :) :)

12. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

The instructor with the blue shirt is Hwarangdo Blackbelt Randy Wanner.. He has been in Joo Bang Lee's system for years and history in Hwarangdo shows that he was one of the instructors who taught Michael Echanis before Echanis went to fight the Sandistas in Nicaragua back in the 70's. This is one of two series that Bob Taylor and Randy Wanner did for TRS back in the day when pulp martial arts magazines had multi page ads from TRS.

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Randy Wanner = Good name

14. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Really though? Stopping a takedown by popping them on the top of their head as they come in and then pulling them down with their hair?

15. d0ugbug

I dare someone to do it at their next no-gi event ;)

16. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I think 5m 20secs in shows whoever did the captioning/editing has a sense of humour :)

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  17. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Don't you think that the biggest flaw is in fact that he techniques are pure horse dung?? :confused: :hat:

18. AndrewTheAndroid

What if the attacker is bald??? Can they be stopped?:eek:

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Everyone knows all grapplers have shaved heads and tattoos.
    Hair grab fails.

20. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Techniques are always situational - for example the Suprasternal Notch technique will work on a lot of people and it's easy to transition to something else that uses a very similar arm position if it doesn't work. Admittedly the attacker was not bending their arms nearly enough - you cannot perform a strangle as effectively when your arms are straight.