Would you rather

Discussion in 'MMA' started by maressa, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

See Jose Aldo fight Connor Mcgreggor at 145 or Anthony Pettis at 155? I would like to see both but I think Pettis would be the better fight.

2. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

I REALLY want to be a Conor fan. I am Irish and would adore seeing an Irishman raise the belt over his head. The problem is I have yet to see him do anything that would lead me to believe he can take Aldo. Particularly not after Aldo's last fight. Aldo proved he is still absolutely in this game. My gut tells me that Conor is also not going to be able to handle any of the top level wrestlers in that division. Edgar, Mendes, etc.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Typically about as Irish as the Queen of Englands boobs :evil: :D

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

6. Combat Sports

Am I to understand that the new issue is that I am not "Irish enough" for some people here? You people don't even know me.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It's meant in jest really but you could always set them straight.

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Just because its funny

Attached Files:

9. Combat Sports

I am only fourth generation Irish. My mother raised me to take pride in my heritage. People who don't like that can stuff it.

10. Bozza Bostik

Take pride in your heritage all you want...But that doesn't make you Irish.

11. Southpaw535

Just to be clear, I didn't post that picture aimed at you. The conversation reminded me of it is all.

12. Bozza Bostik

You just posted it about all the people in the US, born there have US passports / citizenship/whatever and bang on about being Irish.

I'd like to add Southp. that this isn't aimed at you, just all the other people that post such things :p ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I did a visit to an Irish school in London many years ago to price up some work.

As the receptionist was signing me in she asked my surname, "Sheridan", I told her.

"Nice Irish name", she said.

"I believe my Grandfather was Irish", was my reply.

"What part of Ireland was he from", she said.

When I said I didn't know she looked absolutely disgusted with me.

How dare I not know my Irish heritage.

14. Southpaw535

Haha, fair point. Ok, to quote Al Murray, its not personal but general, so it includes you.

15. Bozza Bostik

You really disappointed me there Simon...I thought it was gonna be one of your hilariously bad jokes for a moment.

Come back and try again please.

16. Combat Sports

Why? You have to be an Irish citizen in your eyes to be Irish? So all of those people who got off the boats to flee the potato famine ceased being Irish the moment they hit the shores? Or is it just if they had kids, those kids don't get to be Irish?

Pardon me if I don't require your approval to consider myself Irish.

17. Southpaw535

Mod Hat On

Aaaand there is where we stop. A joke or jab is fine, but this is clearly getting personal and the bolded is very clearly breaking ToS. Offended or not, that's a no-no.

18. Combat Sports

I edited it for that reason. But cool.

I wish people could of just talked about the fight instead of looking for a chance to be trolls on the internet.

19. Southpaw535

I noticed mate. Haven't edited mine because, to be entirely honest, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or leave it there. They don't give you a guide when they make you a mod :p

But to answer the question and bring the thread back on track: Pettis. I seem to be one of the very few people not on the Mcgregor hype train and thinking he deserves a title shot just yet. I do however want to see Mcgregor fight Edgar quite badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.