Would you kill?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hapuka, Feb 2, 2007.

?

Would you kill?

1. Yes

419 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Not in self defense

2. Future_UFC_Cham

Future_UFC_Cham New Member

I THINK I would kill someone...that is, if THEY were trying to kill me. If they intend on killing me, wats gonna stop them from killing my family, friends, neighbors, or any other innocent person? Yeah, I WOULD kill someone if not to protect myself, than to protect my family and those around me. I would just as soon die for them, but I would not make any sacrifices that would go in vain.

3. Uke Andy

Uke Andy Valued Member

I'm not a victim and I would do what it takes to stop him/them. We are all martial artists here,and anyone that said NO is a victim. I'm sorry if this upsets some people but it is the truth. That person was going to do it to me. He started it, I'll finish it! I wouldn't allow them to control me. I would die trying with my head held high.

4. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

If someone was trying to kill me or someone I cared for, then that someone deserves to die, they have forfitted their right to live in my eyes when they decide to take the life of someone else for meager causes. Thats just me;)

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You're making the assumption that it's a "meager cause", but what if they had a very good reason for killing you? :confused:

6. CrowZer0

Depends on your perception of "good" if I killed his brother or something and he came after me, it would depend on why I killed his brother, what I meant by my previous message was that in some cases there are justifiable reasons for killing one. But if someone comes after me, it would depend on this "very good" reason you speak of. Different situations call for different reactions. In any case even if his/her reason was very good. I would probably try to defend myself by trying to avoid killing them if possible. But if I didn't agree then I would try to kill them first.

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Agreed. But if there was a really GOOD reason for killing you, like for medical research so that millions of others might live, then I would hope that you'd not be so selfish as to resist.

8. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Sorry Johnno but, I guess I am selfish. I do not care what reason someone has for wanting to kill me. They try, they die. It is just that simple. There is no way that anyone can say that there reason to kill me would be more valid than my own will to live.

Second point: A lot of you are talking about, If they are really trying to kill me then I would go all out. How in the hell are you going to judge this until it is too late. IMHO, if someone comes after me on the street, in a dark alley, breaking in to my home, or whatever it becomes a matter of survival to assume they are trying to kill me. To think anything else may be a mistake that could cost me my life by causingh me to not fight back to my fullest.

Please make no mistake, I am not a violent man by nature, I go out of my way to avoid conflict, to prevent trouble, BUT, I do reserve the right to fight with those who would fight with me and when I do fight it will be to thge fullest of my abilities.
    "There are times when words are not enough, at those times action is our only recourse!"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  9. CrowZer0

I would resist I don't believe in the killing of one innocent to save millions.

10. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

The good of the many outweighs the good of the few

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Exactly. :)

12. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Could someone please explain this concept to the politicians of the world? ;)

13. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Well, to the political view it sums up what's good for just me means it is also good for you, even if it's not I'll sell it to you so that you believe it is.

14. CrowZer0

Tyranny of the minority.

15. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Actually if your death would cure thousands/millions of people from a terminal/chronic disease, then your witholding it would be tyranny and grievous maliciousness, I could never be so evil and heartless as to let uncounted people die an agonizing death knowing I was the cure for their salvation.

16. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Of course this line of thought is going a bit off of the original question and is vering into the hypothetical realm of would you sacrifice yourself for the good of humanity? Not, would you kill somone who was attacking you with bad intentions? Which, I belive was the original topic.

The very fact that one is willing to die to protect his or her family, country, or whatever you believe in says that this type of sacrifice would be made. Particularly from a combat vet like Mei who has already proven he is willing to give his own life for ours. I served as well, a little before your time Mei,
    as you were only 8 when I joined up before the first Gulf war and in these situations yes I would give my own life for my countries and for those I loved.

But, as far as the original question goes: See my previous posts.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  17. CrowZer0

If we are going to play this game we can go ahead and make up some more hypothetical stories, I don't mind playing hero, I would gladly die for loved ones family and friends, for strangers? No thanks I don't know these stranger and I don't know what they are capable of, these people I'm saving could be pottential murderers, rapists, terrorists. I'm not going to stupidly sacrifice myself "to let uncounted people" live without knowing who they are.

18. Light123

Light123 Give Up On Giving Up

My answer is no. My love for even my enemies does not allow me to kill. My obedience to the Word prevents it even more. So, I would just knock out my enemty and call the cops.

19. nightshade

nightshade New Member

i would kill. im tempted to already. in a life or death situation i would kill because i must. but i will always remeber the 5 fold way of the warrior.

advoid before check, check before hurt, hurt before maim, maim before kill, for all life is precious and none can be replaced.

but if some one attacked me they would wake up in the hosptial if they ever woke again

20. CrowZer0

Could you elaborate more on the 5 fold way of the warrior? I like it sounds similar to my, if they punch me, i will punch them twice, if they fracture my elbow i will break their arm, if they break my arm I will break their legs, if they stab me, i will chop them up, if they kill me, i will come back and haunt them forever:p