Would you defend yourself if...

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Taiyaki_MMM, Feb 28, 2007.

1. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

hit the gobby one

personally ive found with fighting with groups as soon as the big hard im the man type is out of the situation ie on the floor bleeding the rest lose the guts and want nothing more to do with it. and if they walk away they wont come back later unless the situation gets worse.
    on the other hand occasionaly they still want a go but there is a reason the big gobby one is the big gobby one its because he's the toughest person out of them all so once he's been delt with the rest alredy have the fear in them and the fear is what defeats us all!! :)

jamie

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Mess them up so much they never want to come back, this day'n'age be prepared for the concequences though ££££££££

Alternativly, if you're good enough, humiliate him whilst he's trying to fight you. Though you've got to be good.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  3. bulkathos72

bulkathos72 Valued Member

lol

make friends withe the best and tallest fighters in school plus make friends with football team people wont mess with you.lol

4. BloodSugar

BloodSugar New Member

Im having the exact same problem at High school now, I know I defend myself against these people, but because of the kinda rough area Im in, there are crews (gangs), if I hurt one, they would all come after me. i mean a few got stbbed and shot recently, its getting anyong, :(

Ahh well. I mean I could hurt them, but the later risks are greater,.

5. PlasmaShock

PlasmaShock Valued Member

same with me. people like to push me around for fun but i can feel someone is going to want to start a fight soon because they want to feel cool. then i would have to try and defend myself but i know i would lose because adreneline makes me freeze and because im not strong at all. i have fatish legs and skinny arms. everybody elses arms are twice as thick or more even for the girls. i told adults but it didnt help because then the students would just call me a fag like they always do and the situation would just go worse. i only have like 1 or 2 friends and they dont even respect me so thats why i do ma but i cant even defend myself.

6. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Mmmm.... Taiyaki. My favorite!

7. Moi

This man knew what he was talking about. Don't forget what goes around comes around. Becoming a callous,hard barsteward does work. Then one day you meet another one.

Gangsters always have a black suit, they wear it too often.

8. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

posted here before

ive posted on this thread before when it was only one person with this problem but now there seems to be a few so heres a little tip ive learnt how to deal with high school bullies just turn up at their home, when your at home you feel all safe and warm until you get a knock at the door from someone that wants to bash ur face in at that point not many if any at all want to fight on their front garden plus now u have the bully on his/her own no friends to back them up or show off to. he knows you mean buisness or you wudnt b at his/her door so u have the upper hand they WILL back down and once they've done it once they'll just leave you alone if by chance this bully does want a fight any way atleast the odds are even one on one and if you lose he/she still wont carry on because you've stud up2 him/her and shown ur not afraid of them so problem solved either way.
    Believe me house visits scare people to death lol

jamie :)

9. Moi

I like you. :love:

I had a mate, still do if I ever answer that email, I turned up on his doorstep after he said something about me somewere he shouldn't. Been friends ever since.
    Good tactics ;)

edit: but then again, see above post. :confused:

10. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

thanx ive done it to seeing the bullies face is worth it just made my day and on monday at school when they just leave you alone it feels all the more better but no matter how scared you are you jus gotta man up and tell them straight if they got a problem lets sort it now if not stop it or you'll be back and you wont give them the chance to talk the next time it works and works well.

jamie :woo:

11. Moi

Better to walk away though. Check my date of birth. From your decription of how you deal with confrontation you're very like me. It works for a while, then you meet you're match. You really don't won't to lose on his doorstep - he's every right to kill you.

If you can avoid a fight, do it. That's winning, it's often harder to walk away than it is to fight but everyone wants to be hard right?

Sooner or later if you carry on the way we do they start shooting at you, that's not funny.

12. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

i dont make a habbit of doing that i have a child and im soon to get married so that kind of thing no longer happens im very grown up now and find fighting abit childish unless its forced upon me. but this method works in bad cases like these lads are having and personally i would go back to it if i had to because i dont like to leave things hanging over me i find it hard to sleep when im worked up or nervouse.

jamie :woo:

13. Moi

Know what you mean. I'm completly different married to single. Still err towards 'the dark side' now and again but try to keep my son on the straight and narrow.

14. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

mines only 1 and 1/2 but he's on the darkside i swear

jamei :woo:

15. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

I look at it like this: Should I defend myslef now and not get beat up (or worse) or should I let myself get beat up just so I don't have further problems?

Deal with the immediate, but make plans for the future. Like others have said, avoid violence. But if you have to defend yourself, do it! Worry about the future later.

Tip: Get the right friends. My best friend is a great guy. He's not intimidating at all. However, if you get him angry, he's a nutso, and is the strongest kid at school. (Of course, don't look at strength to determine your friends. Find people you enjoy hanging out with. If they just so happen to be crazy strong, that's a bonus)

16. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Just to put this in perspective...

Last time I had this situation with clients one ended up with multiple contusions from being hit in the head with a small baton, the other one ended up with 3 serious stab wounds.

Anyone who tells you not to worry about weapons being drawn is not giving good advice.

Here's an option... call the friggin cops. That's what they get paid for.

17. UntappedPower

UntappedPower New Member

If it did come down to the point where the 'avoid violence' plan didnt work, and I was going to be forced to defend myself or run, I wouldnt be running very far. The way I see it, is if this guy has enough of a problem with you that despite all your efforts to diffuse the situation, he still comes after you then just leaving the situation wont resolve the issue, if anything the next time he tries he'll bring friends to make sure you cant get away.

Better to send him crying for help with a nice shiner and some other fun stuff to show off and make him think twice about getting into it with you, than just to wait for him to come back when the odds are clearly in his favor and you dont have an option to run.

18. beknar

beknar Valued Member

a very very bad idea

Hm. After reading through all the posts, I think I've come up with an idea. You'll need to do some research first though and some leg work.

First, make a list of times and places this guy is at. Where's he's likely to hang out, what his route back to his house is, and who's likely to be hanging out with him. Then, make a list of all his buddies (the guys who are likely to come with him for a revenge beating) and where they're likely to be and who are hanging around them. There's bound to be some overlap. Don't worry about this, that's just extraneous data.

Find the main guy you're concerned with at a place and time where he's alone and vulnerable. Beat the **** out of him just enough to incapacitate him for a day. The next day, go through your list, find the next guy alone, beat the **** out of him. The next down, down you go your list beating people until they stop being a threat. As you go down your list, you'll find that they'll stop being alone as much, tend to be paranoid, and you'll have less chances to catch them alone. This is probably the time you should stop beating on people. There isn't really a set number of people you should beat down or set amount of time between beatings, you could even beat down as many as 3 people in a day, depending on how your schedule looks.

On the other hand .. this is a pretty bad idea, but it illustrates the kind of analysis, planning, research and execution you have to be willing to do. Whatever you do, have _some_ kind of plan. Think about it for more than a few minutes. Write it down. Then test it and execute it. Don't be like the guys (and that includes me) who just fought no matter whether it was in their favor or not and consequently got the tar beaten out of them before they got good at fighting.

As always with any kind of plan, figure out the risks involved and whether they are worth the reward. Don't go out there half-cocked. I did and got nothing but fists and kicks raining down on me.

Then again, this could be a great opportunity to test your art and your skill. Let us know and don't get too banged up!

19. beknar

beknar Valued Member

I know how you feel. I took years of abuse because I had no idea how to fight even while I was learning a martial art. Listen, don't feel bad because you're scared and you don't have skill _now_. If you're willing to work hard at your art and test your art from beginning to end, you'll be okay. The Body becomes its Function a guy I know once said, and it's absolutely true.

I know it's easy of me to say this, but well, I've been there. Let us know how you do and just keep working at it.

20. Leiurus

Leiurus New Member

If the guy is talking about someone specific, who does that kind of thing, then im sure he knows, and an annonymous call to the school/cops to have him searched or lifted will do the trick. But I dont really think thats what the territory is here. Were your clients 15 years old? Were they asking for high school bully advice?

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others. "