Worldly sayings you feel apply to your practice of Martial Arts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hans Larrave, Feb 23, 2019.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I had a comic of Aliens which was after Aliens, before Alien 3 was released, which was based on Hicks still being alive, newt grown up and Bishop being wheeled around on a pallet trolley, and Ripley died at some point (I think I'm chryo).

I'm not sure if this is a similar story, but it was entertaining, and to my dissatisfaction wasn't what they did with Alien 3.

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I've read those, they were great, the plot of alien 4, was partially lifted from them.

Iirc after alien 3 was released, they rereleased the comics with Hicks and newt etc renamed.

The novels are reasonably entertaining too, the recent one "cold forge" was great.

Grond and axelb like this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Michael Biehn is an icon.

"Stay frosty". Best advice ever given in a movie.

I thought killing Hicks and Newt off in Alien 3 was the dumbest plot twist ever. Aliens has 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, next to Terminator's 100% for a reason: Michael Biehn.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

On the plus side, he got a massive payday for alien 3, for using his image, without having to do any further work for them.

Plus I liked it, I just didn't love it. It was such a pity they killed of newt and Hicks, after all the emotional investment in them. They did the same with alien covanant/ noomi repace, which really does kill off the fan's goodwill.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Grond and axelb like this.
  5. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

I would say one of my favorites is...

'Speed plus ignorance, equals injury.'

Or

'If the flow is greater force it, if the force is greater, flow it'

Grond likes this.
  6. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

It is better to leave the bowl half full and the book half read, for a body that is full cannot dance and a mind that is full cannot laugh.

Vince Millett likes this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

that expains why I don't dance and laugh at everything :D

Grond likes this.
  8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

"Lift with your legs, not your back"

hewho and Grond like this.