World of Sport is back

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Simon, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

For those of you living in the UK and of a certain age will remember being glued to the TV every Saturday watching World of Sport.

Well, starting this Saturday ay 5.00pm it's back on ITV.

I'll be watching because HAVOC Catch Wrestling coach Harry Smith is talking part.

I recall watching his father the British Bulldog when I was a young lad, so for me this is extra special.

You should watch it because it's awesome.

Son of WWE legend the British Bulldog to grapple in World of Sport Wrestling

Jaydub, axelb and ned like this.
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I cannot wait to see this!

Harry and were just talking about it! What with this and the victory he had at the Billy Robinson Classic Catch Tournament this is gonna be a standout year for The British Bulldog!

BULLDOG CATCH!!!!!

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'm interested. Bit of a resurgence too.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Great timing for the return. Especially when WWE has invested more into the UK branch. Some great guys coming out of there.

I have a few friends in the London Luchadores scene and they are definitely some to look out for.

Hannibal likes this.
  5. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Great. Now more people will start thinking 'wrestling' is just WWE-garbage, not a real sport. :mad:

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That's a bit of a disservice to the physical rigours WWE athletes go through. The results of matches might be fake but the demands on wrestlers' bodies is not.

Hannibal and Travess like this.
  7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Harry is a 2x NAGA champ and won the Billy Robinson CACC classic two weeks ago -he was trained by Billy Robinson and Stu Hart, trains regularly with Josh Barnett and Sakuraba and many others... methinks he knows wrestling a smidge

The British pro scene was Catch influenced, indeed the holds were legit just applied in a worked sense.

Pro style is still the single most physically gruelling training I have ever done bar none

No one thinks it’s real anymore; kayfabe died a long time ago so there is no real basis to your objection other than “I don’t like it” - that’s cool and all, but many of us love our ‘rasslin too

Jaydub likes this.
  8. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Fine athletic specimens that they were, even when I was only single digits in age I didn't think this was real.

Hannibal likes this.
  9. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Poor choice of words on my part. I agree you have to be in excellent physical and athletic condition and there is a lot of skill involved, but to quote South Park:

David Harrison likes this.