Workout / Drill

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by d0ugbug, Apr 9, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

What is your favourite workout / drill in class at the moment, either as a student or instructor drilling them out.

This is what I give my students to work on :

Partner Up with a kick shield :

Person without a kick shield takes his / her fighting stance then :

Burpee (but on the jump up the student does a jumping snap kick into the pad) 25 sets

After first 25 done, they drop and do 50 squat kicks

Then burpee and do another 25 sets kicking with the other leg.

I love it students hate it ;)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

One I like for torturing your students is instead of resting between rounds of skipping make them do push-ups, sit-ups and burpees:evil:

3. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

If you want to have fun with them when you have them doing timed sets with a partner after I call time, I get them to drop and do press ups, sits ups, or squats depending on what part of the body they where working and the person with the pad to stand over them drinking a nice cold glass of water.

I find it gives the other students the determination to dig deep and get a drink, is a good laugh if you have an over 18s class to ;)

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Rapid-fire ["machine gun"] side kicks against a focus pad to one end of the gym, then have the pad holder jump on the kicker's back and the kicker carries them [pad holder] as they [kicker] sprints back to the start position.

30 seconds hard continuous punching, 30 seconds burpees [with a tuck jump], rest 30 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.

"One leg sparring" - spar continually for 3 minutes using just one leg. Foot does NOT touch the floor. Fighters must average 100-120 kicks per round.

5. Warcow

Warcow Valued Member

Both my favourite and least favourite:

Shadow box for one round with fists above head simulating speed bag,

hold out arms to horizontal for one round (while doing squats / neck stretches)

repeat.

Especially hard for me since I have long arms and (relatively) weak shoulders

6. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

The one where your pair holds a kick shield and slowly but insistently advances towards you and you have to keep stopping him with kicks and knees (and/or circle around). The point is that the kickee puts all his strength into stopping the kicks.
    Two minute rounds and you're DONE.