women shots

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Long_Distance_R, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Personally, I don't think a punch in the face would be that effective for getting someone to back down, but if that's what you had, or that was the limit of your ability then you are not causing injury beyond minor bruising anyway.

The law is a bit lopsided, however, you do not have to do real damage, infact I think we mostly recommend something like hitting various sensitive points so far. As people studying MA I would hope we'd have the control to do no more than was required to deter an attacker.

Child, 30something female? What's the difference when one gets angry? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

pull her hair, or apply pressure between her trapezium and her clavicula(or however it's said in english), it hurts about five times more than a punch, it doesn't injure and it's damn satisfactory watching someone who's going macho on you go down like a shrieking rag doll just because of two fingers.

Fish Of Doom

3. Pax Noctis

Pax Noctis New Member

Trying to describe even basic Aikido techniques in English is a losing proposition, but I can make an effort ;).

Shiho Nage is a four-directions throw whose motions mimic several different sword techniques combined into one, fluid movement. In the example of being 'bitchslapped', you would redirect the strike with the edge of your hand/block of your choice and grab the wrist.

(This is where my explanation breaks down).

You then carry the person with their momentum, yanking them off balance and letting them instinctively lean back against the pressure. Then (in typical, Aikido fashion) you give them more of what they want by describing an arc with their wrist up.

The position you want them to be in at this point is like they were pushing against the ceiling, at about their shoulder level to a little higher. At this point you have total leverage on the limb, and by dropping down you can carry them right over onto their back.

I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you've seen it done a few times, at the very least, because screwing it up can be a very painful experience for your uke.

~Pax

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

so, parry at wrist, rotate shoulder in upward manner, pull wrist towards their ass, thereby dropping them on their back.

That right? close?

5. Pax Noctis

Pax Noctis New Member

Pretty much close, yeah. You lose some of the power without dragging them around a bit, but when dealing with your average (don't eat me MA chicks!) lady, you probably don't need the additional power.

~Pax

6. Sgt_Major

you could assist that by stepping your lead leg behind their back leg, thus putting them off-balance at the same time = easier taketown

7. Pax Noctis

Pax Noctis New Member

Heck, if you're feeling stylish, just do a low, hooking kick with your heel their calves at the same time.

I'd wager she definately would never slap you again after that.

~Pax

8. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Brachial plexus, apparently.

9. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Yes, indeed, but I thought saving face was what self defence was all about. Why lose your face? Guard your grill. If you're in danger and you gotta hurt someone, just hurt them and be done with it. As for having a bunch of a woman's angry friends come at me - bring it on so you can show them what the 44 was made for!
    Cuz I'm a bad motherfizzle!

Seriously though - reprisals come no matter who you hurt, depending on where you live. Hurting an attacker should be your last resort. Hurting a woman who's trying to hurt you is the same as plastering some two bit hood.

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

trapezius and clavicle, i looked it up on sensei google

and i insist pressure between those two hurts like hell

Fish of Doom

11. shotokanwarrior

I hate losing face, and I am a lustful 14-year-old girl. (There, I've admitted it.) It's not just men.

Having said that, it doesn't mean I am eager to hit people. I would recoil from attacking an innocent person.

12. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Yeah but you're looking for the nerve plexus in there. Also, this works best with something firm behind the nerves (i.e. good solid muscle around the neck and traps). Thus you may find that it doesn't work that well on some girls. Different peoples reactions to nerve attacks vary anyway, just because you find it painful, doesn't mean everyone will.

13. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

I was raised with very high morals. Above all treat every girl like a princess, ( my dad adds, even if they dont deserve it) when i first started sparring in my TSD classes, I told my teacher not to put me up against any girls, cause i hold back so much. ( to the point where my attacks wouldnt hurt a fly) lately I've treated the female sparring partners in my classes just like the men, except just alittle reserved. (for example, if there's an opening, i dont take the oppertunity, and i dont do combos, just single hits)

All in all, it depends on the situation. Restrain if possible, hurt if necessary

14. shotokanwarrior

I am usually a very liberal-minded person (like my mother!) but I have rather, how shall I say, radical views on this issue. I think that male martial artists who insist on holding back when fighting females should not be allowed to train. Being trained to fight gives you power over people who are less senior, less skilled, etc. and it is not an empowerment that people like said male martial artists should be receiving.

Now, let the flaming begin.

15. Sgt_Major

Not flaming, but i think your a bit harsh refusing guys to train because of an ingrained social inability to hit a woman.

Now granted if she was good enough to be training with, a good 'beating' from her in training will spur on many a lad, but not every woman is capabale (neither is every man!) of training/sparring at the ability of those they train with.

16. Karate_Man_1288

well where I take MA, I take the Wed night classes (advanced class) and help out with the six saturday classes (1 hour each, ouch :bang: )

On the Sat classes, I spar with white to green belts (i being a purple belt) and hold back according to who i spar. (example: with the white to orange belts, I do single hits, dont focus to the face, etc; purple belts: depends on age, littler than me, go easy, older than me, go hard; green belts: overwhelm them (combos) everynow and then)

Though (to some degree) I do agree that you can't match the ablility of those you spar with, but you can make an attempt.

17. Kosh

Kosh New Member

In theory its easy to say 'treat men and women alike'

but in practice we all know that it isnt that simple, just being accused of hitting a women is a big deal.

[rant]

Why? Because the so called equality rallied for by many isnt very equal.

[example: i watched an episode of sex in the city in which, for no reason, the lead women hit some guy in the face. We live in a post feminist 'equal' world. imagine the sexes reverse. He punched her in the face, hed be dumped and probably sued]

In this country women always get priority in child custody cases, in fact a women can leave and take the children...if the sexes where reverse, the father would be arrested.

Women can retire earlier...ive never seen a banner in a feminist rally for later retirement.

examples of inequality are everywhere, once you start looking.

A man has a job..so what. A women has a job...shes empowered or independant to the extent that there was a song written about it by destinys child. ...funnily enough they just released a song in which they say they want a man with loads of money to buy them stuff...lol...striking powerful blow for womens lib.

urm.. yeah

[/rant]

18. Sgt_Major

agreed.....

women get much more maternity leave than the dad.....and far more rights when it comes to custody as kosh said.

There is no such think as sex equality. And there probably never will be

19. Karate_Man_1288

To quote a comedian: "women are always saying 'why do men get paid more for the same job, we can do it just as good, and should get paid the same.' And I say, 'do you wanna know why we get paid more? because if we are on the titanic, you get to leave with the kids, while my ass freezes in the water! That's why I get the extra $1.50 an hour!'"

A truthful rebuttle...

~Tang Soo~

20. Sgt_Major

lol...too true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.