Wlad v Frazier

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by puma, Oct 10, 2014.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

Simple. Who should be rated higher in the all-time heavyweight list and why? Wladimir Klitschko has had nearly twice as many wins I think, 60-odd to 30-something for Frazier, and I believe one less loss. Something like that. What do you think?

2. puma

puma Valued Member

Okay, I'll start this off. For me, I'm not sure Frazier should be mentioned as "great." He got slaughtered by Foremen, and I don't think he would have beaten many of the other heavyweights on the "greats" list. I know he holds a win over Ali, losing the other 2, but for me, Joe Louis, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Vitali, Bowe, Liston, anyone like that, would beat Frazier easily. I think Wlad would as well. There is a chance Frazier would level him with a left hook, but I don't think he would. I think Wlad is too big, and would pretty much toy with him, although being cautious as always. I've mentioned it before, but I am surprised Ali had so much trouble with Frazier. You'd think he'd be made for Ali. I think those Ali fights made Frazier out to be better than he actually was.