Witchycon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Feb 10, 2005.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Just out of curiousity has anyone else heard of this, and is anyone else going? I figured with a few pagans on the site some of you might be. I'm planning to take up a few friends and a tent, and we could probably squeeze in a couple of people if you get a little drunk and need to crash for the night, or give lifts within reason.

2. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

What the hell kind of crazy camping trip.....? Lol

3. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

We had one in Derbyshire last August and it was brilliant, having a great time with other Pagans and wiccans, we are allowed to have a good time you know lol.
    LilBunnyRabbit, I can give you a link to another site which holds plenty of stuff for Pagans.Put children of artemis in the serch engine and you'll find that it's a great site for all who follow the craft.
    lisa xx

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm afraid Lisa that I don't follow the craft, nor am I really a pagan to be honest. I'm currently undecided/other/wannabe purely scientific. Unfortunately due to what might be called a miracle that affected me I can't quite believe what I believe. Not even sure if that makes sense. If you'd like to know more though feel free to PM me, its an odd story.

Edit: Oh, and if you are going, is there any chance of that free reiki (I think it was reiki) session you offered so I could judge whether or not to believe in it? :D I'll buy ya a drink. *flutters eyelashes*

5. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I can't believe that I am the only one who is curious after reading the above. :cool: Care to share? Pretty please? :D

6. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Hi bunny,

If you are interested, there is a wonderful book by Robert Anton Wilson called "prometheus rising." I would highly recommend it.

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Just take up some Chaoism lol. You'll be fine after that. I've spoken to quite a few atheist Chaoists, so you can still practice any scientific rational cynical thought that you do (joking lol). :D

Peace.

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm well aware of what Chaoism, or chaos magic, or whatever you want to call it is. Not a bad psychological system I must admit, though why they have to associate it with magic I'm not sure.

9. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Hey I'm in Kent at the moment and if you ever want a reiki session then I can do one whenever you want, I'm always happy to do a healing session for anyone on here, there's no need to buy any drinks it'll always be free to anyone in here, I don't charge anyway as I don't agree with it.
    lisa xx

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Might have to take you up on that actually, lucky enough to be doing far too much heavy lifting at work at the moment. IT technician, a nice easy job with no heavy lifting. :rolleyes: You'll get a drink anyway.

11. flaming pearl

flaming pearl New Member

Because as Surthur C Clark once said (at least I think it was him and I am paraphrasing): Any technology sufficiently far removed from the observer's will appear to be magic.