windows xp prob.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Infinity, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

i formated my computer last night then i downloaded some program from morpheus the computr booted up fine but then later after the loading bar finish the blue screen in xp ws so slow it used to be like a sec or 2 after that when windowes screen shows it was slow too then i cghked the cpu usag was at 100% then its 50 above later on it was not like that before i chked with ad aware it dint find nothing i ran virus scan it dint find anything . does anyoone know what happened? this happened before after i downloded a program and installed it u can chk my threads could tthis be cuzed by a virus? i need a anti virus that scans the boot area or bios or something that place in the beginging of the window. is there a way to fix my problem i dont wanna keep reformating? what could have caused this?

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

User Error.

Seriously, if you want people to help you, make your posts read-able. Your post just gave me a migraine.

3. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

I stopped at the word Morpheus.

If you use that piece of junk, you deserve whatever you get.

Repent; use Limewire.

4. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

i dont think its morpheus i dont know what's wrong my windows task manager shows this " system idle process using 99 in cpuin the msconfig in start up i unchk nvcpl nvmctray nwiz recguard remind xp pdvdsery and sound man and everything was fast in loading just like new . i dont know what caused the loading so slow in the blue screen its never like that when i formated.cpu usage was 100% then evrything was slow in windows. can someone tell me how to fix this or get a program to restore windows funtions back to default

5. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

is there a program that sets everything back to normal?

6. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Windows has a restore system, you can use it to restore your computer to a time when it wasn't acting up. Just go to programs, accessories, system tools, then system restore. Worth a shot maybe. (I don't know how well it works, but you can try it)

7. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

One word - Morpheus.

I used Limewire a while back, and had similar problems with my computer, due to downloading a dodgy program from it. It got hold of my Task Manager and regedit, so I couldnt get into the system to change it.

What antivirus program do you use, if any? Do you need to a full system scan with a good antivirus program first. www.ewido.net is an excellent program to use. I used it, and although it takes a while, it deleted every last bad file that the virus had installed onto my computer. Then reboot, and see if that makes a difference.

In future, I wouldnt advise downloading ANY programs from Morpheus, or even Limewire for that matter - I now only stick to using it for music, video etc, and ALWAYS do a virus check on everything that you download and save onto your computer. If nothing works after you have done a full system scan, try using Spybot Search & Destroy, Windows Defender and Registry Mechanic, which you can find in Google.

Other than that, if none of this works, I would suggest a clean install - I have only needed to do this once, but it worked, and shouldnt need to do it again.

Now, wheres the Migraleve :bang:

;)

8. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

You could try System Restore, but it might not detect something thats infected your hard drive, and only take you back to your chosing point.

9. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

My bad.
    I thought he reformated after the thought of a virus, and after words did something to it. I see now that isn't the case, sorry for the useless bit there, misunderstanding.........

10. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Too bad. You got what you deserved. Stop lurking in P2P networks.

Limewire isn't better.

If you are still up for playing with fire and want to make it safe: use either Azureus or UTorrent (torrents) or Shareaza (plain P2P).

Anyway I still remember you as a problem child. You are the one that started this silly thread ;) :

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42931&highlight=cooling

11. wild_pitch

wild_pitch Melt The Guns!