William Smith Shihan & Shun Poo Kan Aikido

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by philipsmith, Feb 3, 2005.

1. philipsmith

philipsmith Valued Member

Not sure where to post this as it's not really an item for discussion but information but as it relates to two Aikido organisations I guess this is the best place.

INFORMATION

This public statement is to affirm that despite still being included on their website Mr. William Smith MBE Aikikai Shihan no longer has any association with Shun Poo Kan Aikido in the UK.

The association has been repeatedly asked to delete his details but have failed to do so thus making this announcement necessary.

Philip Smith

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I'm not sure why you choose MAP to make this announcment. If this this thread turns bad it will be closed.

3. aikiscotsman

aikiscotsman Banned Banned

- ok! and?

4. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

So who is divorcing who? Has William Smith shunned Shun Poo or the other way around? As the post is from philipsmith, does he speak on behalf of Mr William Smith as a relative or what? Can't a Shihan manage a post on MAP himself?

It's rather dangerous for MAP to allow a third party posting of this sort as this website have no way of establishing the legitimacy of the statement and may leave MAP open to legal action if there is an impact on trade or reputation of either of the named parties etc.

Aikiwolfie - I'd pull it off the website for the reasons above and ask for a proper explanation of what this means. It may be of interest to some members (not me, however ;) ).

5. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Dear all,

I have edited my previous reply for the following reasons:

I was once a member of Shun Poo Kan whilst is was a UKA House Dojo.

I no longer have any association with them or one of their instructors who teaches within a short distance from my own dojo.

Quite frankly I do not want to be drawn into a debate on this particular issue.

Ta

Dave

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I seriousley doubt anybody would take any sort of legal action against MAP for the statement published here by philipsmith. Other MODs have been made aware of the existance of this thread and it is being closely watched.

For the time being I'm happy for members to discuss this issue. However if it turns bad I will close the thread. And just so it is cleare by "bad" I mean blatantly derogatory or inflamatory statements being made about either party mentioned in the original statement.

EDIT:

I have taken a look at the Shun Poo Kan web site and could only find this very small peice of information along with a photograph. Personaly I don't think it's anything that requires a public statement.

How long has this information been there? And how long since the removal request was made?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005