Why the lock down on kenpo self defense thread?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Floorismyfriend, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

To Andy Murray

It was a good discussion between me and sokklab.
    Maybe you didn't read the past post but i have been very civil to sokklab nor have I responded to matsloth's personal attacks.
    As many other moderators have told me of reporting inflamitory posts instead of going into flame wars, and i have done so.
    Plz explain why you locked down the thread, because of one persons negative remarks which i have ignored and kept a civil dicussion going with sokklab?

I tried pm but your PM box was full.
    Plz answer.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

It's a good job he DID lock it down 'cos I was about to delete it.

When discussion stops & personal insults start - that's where we draw the line. feel free to continue your "discussion" via PM or email.

3. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

The discussion between me and sokklab had not stopped nor did we begin personal insults.
    Matsloth began making negative comments and I ignored him as you can see if you had read the thread.
    It was my understanding that if one person makes inflamitory comments as matsloth has you could report his posts and he would be warned by moderators to stop immediately.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Both YOU and SOKKLAB were at each other like two kids in Kindergarten - as I said - if you wish to continue your "discussion" please do so in private.

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Floor, I locked the thread as it was clearly out of hand all round.

By locking it, as opposed to deleting or moving it, everyone has the chance to cool down and sleep on it.

These things often look different the next day. ;)

It makes no difference to the mods who actually reports the posts, we're not here to choose sides, just help everyone get along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.