Why not Sherdog?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by wushurichard, Mar 4, 2009.

1. wushurichard

wushurichard Banned Banned

Genuine question guys. i would like to hear why it is you post here instead of Sherdog or Bullshido.

be good to hear. preferably no nasty comments if you could

2. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I visit Sherdog every day for news and to lurk a bit on the forums, but for every sensible post on there, there are 5-10 nonsensical ones. They also seem to have frequent server problems, leading to a number of double (sometimes octouple) posts, or the post order getting mixed up. And if I joined now, there's no way that anyone would believe that I've been watching MMA since UFC 4, 'cause I'd just be a white belt.

I have no real problem with Bullshido, I'm just not interested in joining. I've hardly ever stopped by there for anything more than their articles or encyclopedia section.

3. wushurichard

why would you pay attention to the bad posts? that shouldn't stop you posting where you want. :mad:

dont mean to sound rude but, '' Grow some B*LLS'' comes to mind ;p

thanks for replying though friend

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

They serve different needs.
    My big bugbear with sherdog is that everyone just replies to the OP, so you just have page after page of near identical posts. there's little actual discussion.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I post on Bullshido, many from Map do. I just like it here more, guess I like tea.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Who are you on there MD? I always forget,I can't keep up with many forums these days,I get multi personality disorder and become confused.

7. callsignfuzzy

It's not a matter of fear, "friend", it's a matter of not wanting to put up with the BS and really not having anything to so to most of them. To me it's not worth having a conversation with most on there. It's akin to trying to eat a pizza and all the cheese is burned. Sure, there's something good in there, but it's not worth tasting all the crap that comes with it.

8. wushurichard

so you would throw it away?
    waste

9. callsignfuzzy

I'm American. It's what we do best!:)

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Sherdog is full of idiots who think MMA strikers are at K-1/Lumpinee level .

Bullshido . . . . . . . that forum is so convoluted and hard to navigate . If they would, like, streamline the ****ing forum . . . not make everything so goddamn complicated to stare at, get rid of flashy colors and backgrounds . . . . yeah.

I like Bullshido, i REALLY do. But i can't stare at the stupid page for like more than 12 minutes without going crazy.

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

i think subconsiously everyone on MAP is just attracted to my wit and charm. I've never actually looked at the other two properly but i've glanced at sherdog and i dont like it for some reason. Besides i get all the help i need on here and its a decent group of people (well sort of) so i dont really feel the need to join another one

12. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I have a membership at Bullshido, and I read the forums often. I don't post there much though...I find the community to be quite insular and cliquey. And while I admire the forum's goal to root out martial arts fraud, I find that most of the people there are purposefully insulting to others, and seem to like the sound of their own voice a little bit too much.

13. wushurichard

so basically you dont like the people's opinions?

14. Omicron

Omicron is around.

When did I say I don't like their opinions?

I don't always like the way they voice their opinions, is all. I usually agree with them, but I think there are better ways of talking to people than by being insulting and making fun of them.

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Wushurichard, do you have some kinda personal investment in people going to those sites? You asked for a straightforward answer with no nastiness, but you seem to be getting irritated when people reply that those aren't their favourite sites.

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

My internet tastes just evolved away from the hassle of hunting through 10 spammy 'look at me lolz' posts for each decent post. I like my information concise and the thought of having to scroll through a page of 'I agree', 'x2', 'no' and other such contributory offerings with little in the way of actual content gets annoying after a while.

Just out of interest wushurichard, do you go into restaurants and ask people why they're eating there instead of your favourite restaurants, or why they're reading a book that's not to your personal taste?

17. wushurichard

lol why would i do that? this has nothing to do with than and is completely dissimilar. i never said they are my favorite sites did i?

18. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

It's not so dissimilar, as Moosey pointed out all your responses to anyone not favouring the other sites you suggested has been met with a negative response by you.

19. Studude67

Studude67 The hungry fighter

AGREED! i also feel that my (or anyones) opinion is not as respected there as it is here

20. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I think bullshido is full of asshats who think they are cooler than they really are.

I also think that too many of them have watched too much UFC and believe that Never Back Down is a true-to-life movie.