Why is there so much rules in the UFC?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by jaksun, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Which half?

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Let me know how that goes for you :p

Attached Files:

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

i'd be up for that! i only live a half hour from the state capitol. i can picture it now.

"i need a good strong one, maybe six foot or six foot two at the most."

"how about him? he grew up on a farm, built a lot of muscle there."

"no, too old. maybe that one over there campaigning to make it illegal to film farmers abuse their animals (real proposed bill btw)?"

"ok, that'll be forty dollars, cash or credit?"

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Broken and dislocated limbs aren't serious?

Being repeatedly punch in the head? Kicked?

Tis but a flesh wound!!

Oh sorry did you mean the hair pulling? Yeah lethal that. :rolleyes:

What do you study?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  5. Grass hopper

in idaho, the crappy half.

6. Kave

Kave Lunatic

This would make sense if the UFC made the rules, but they don't. The rules are made by the athletic commissions and are universal across North America. The rules the UFC operate under are not "UFC rules" but instead are what is referred to as the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts.

7. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Go watch the early UFCs, when the only rules was "no biting, and eye gouging." Guess who largely won the tournament formats? The guys from the sport systems.

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Haha I bet you have never been in a fight in your life.

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

You may not be able to avoid serious injury in a real fight. It's very stupid to get serious injury in training. I was almost killed by someone's "striking downward using the point of the elbow" on top of my heart in a ground game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I'm starting to wonder if the OP is a troll. So far he has asked for advice on iron body/shirt training, asked what the heaviest nunchaku are made from, posted a random question about some reality show and steroid use. He also posted a question on whether you can maintain the ability to lift heavy weights while training to be a powerful puncher (implying that the two were mutually exclusive). Finally he starts a thread on how the ruleset in the UFC fails to mimic a streetfight, and notes that he wouldn't want to train in MMA because he would hate to waste time training deadly techniques and not be able to use them due to the restrictive ruleset.

Then again, I should give the OP the benefit of the doubt. These could just be the youthful postings of a school-age kid with a penchant for kung-fu movies.

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I was that guy once. Anyone can be saved.

12. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

All one has to do is look at a highlight reel of an MMA event to see how real it is. I mean honestly. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCAJ16kKpY&app=desktop"]The Art of Combat 8 promo, view in HD - YouTube[/ame]

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

In the early days. the UFC almost didn't survive as a business. They couldn't get regulated in a lot of places. Politicians piled on the sport as "human cockfighting." Certain adaptions had to be made for it to be accepted as a sport.

14. Grass hopper

me too, but then i stopped listening to those who don't know what they're talking about and started listening to those who do.

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

UFC - such rules, much lethal, so MMA

the thread title made me think of this:
    [​IMG]