why I love qigong

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Taiji_Lou, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

This is strangely funny and sad at the same time.

A book collection as a lineage. :rolleyes:

2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

......why don't you people post somewhere else? I wanna talk about ch'i, not bicker about differences.

My lineage will be provided when the time is right. Until then, I guess I'll just have to suffer second best.

3. 47MartialMan

You are part right. You want to talk about chi.

However, you want to talk about it in favor of your belief or opinions.

Others desire to "talk about" it in their beliefs or opinions

You posted on a open martial art forum. Not a "In your favor Chi forum"

It is ok to have your belief/opinion as others have theirs.

If you have strong convictions of what you do and believe, no one here should be able to upset this.

4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

It's not my beliefs you're upsetting. It's just damned obnoxious in a thread like "why I love qigong" people like you take the opportunity to postulate, re postulate, and then flame.

Yeah, i wanna talk to MAP members who train with internal alchemy or qigong or pranayama. The rest of you can go have fun. Play nice. Leave me alone. "Why I love Qigong" is obviously an advertisement for other people who love qigong to tell their own stories and (what I was hoping for) run through their typical routine!

But then, you're too grown up for all of this ch'i nonsense.

5. 47MartialMan

You may have a point. After all, this is your thread having enthusiasm on what you like. (Stop taking my posts as insulting you. You may have to re-read ALL of my posts. Also, I even went as far as to respectfully thank you for some of yours)

However, on the other thread you lay claim to a Strange phenomena. That one rightfuly opened upon others to post their opposition

You going around insulting people will not help in this threa or another.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  6. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Yeah, okay fine! Wonderful! I'm not asking if about opinions. If you have never experienced any outside of the typical normal day to day, fantastic!

These "paranormal" ch'i blah blah things DO happen. I'm trying to find someone who can collaborate and compare things with. if that's not you, why respond?

because you're a negative naysayer.

7. 47MartialMan

I have experienced more than you have so far.

I guess you havent really read ALL of my posts.

You keep blah blah blah about how you belief in something and downplaying what others beleive in opposition.

If I am a negative naysayer, than you are a naive and gullable zealot

WHAT part of my other post stating:
    "You may have a point. After all, this is your thread having enthusiasm on what you like. (Stop taking my posts as insulting you. You may have to re-read ALL of my posts. Also, I even went as far as to respectfully thank you for some of yours)"
    To cause you such hostility?

8. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I'm not a gullable zealot.

:mad:

9. spidersfrommars

spidersfrommars Valued Member

Indeed, more of a whiney dope really.
    It's important to be accurate with ones deriding of goofy internet loons.

10. 47MartialMan

Then I am not a negative naysayer :rolleyes:

11. 47MartialMan

I was trying to be polite in retaliation of what he has been calling me :cool:

12. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

You are looking for others to collaborate with? What you want is to stir up more forums. If you were serious you would not get wound up by others negative or questioning comments; you would just meditate and your chi would set you free.

For someone whom claims it is a real measurable thing and waxes on about how calming and enlightening it is you don't half get your knickers in a twist when we all point and laugh. You are just baiting for the flame. I don't think i have seen one post by you that isn't either full of tosh or an offensive statement of how everyone else is wrong and you are right. Why are you here?

13. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

I guess anyone can "expect" abuse to happen, but he shouldn't have to accept it. Generally it shows the caliber of the abuser not of TL. People learn differently and he's right, we have no idea what his resources or capabilities are. He doesn't sound arrogant to me ;o).

Learning is a funny thing ... and in the end we do end up teaching ourselves. Based on "my personal" experience, most fighters/scrappers were those with the attitude for it (attitude is the foundation for aptitude) ... they were sponges, picking up what worked for them and discarding the fluff (or what we considered to be fluff) ... it is true we learned some very basic and simplistic technique, but the reality is that when the fecal matter hit's the fan it's the simple stuff (that you've made work for you) mixed with focused aggression (kill the enemy) and fitness that you can depend on.
    Any "art" that takes years of careful complex instruction was useless for us (and I'll wager that it still is - ex Infantry, Recon, 8/9 RAR).

I'm not saying that careful and complex instruction over a protracted period of time isn't effective when personal resources allow, but I don't doubt that TL knows best how to manage his resources and he's not advocating his way as the only way! As far as I can make out he's only asking if anyone's had similar experiences.

On the subject of lineage, I'm not an advocate though I can accept why some people have their reasons for touting it. Some of my favourite "teachers" are via video ... Scott Sonnon (Flow Fit Series) and Tim Cartmell (excellent and SIMPLE ground proofing dvd) to name two.

Best of luck TL.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

ANOTHER personal attack?

You something, I'm gonna say this one more time. In a face to face conversation, i'm sure you would show me the same courtesy that I'm TRYING to show everyone else.

goodbye. you people can play ninja turtles until your hips give out. I was trying to talk about some cool oogy-boogy-banana stuff, and got bombarded with ********.

I guarentee if you've had the pleasure of having a gun stuck in your face, after the feeling of needing to **** yourself has passed I'm willing to bet you might've said a prayer or two. Think about that one.

Or don't.

Peace. Om. It's been real.

15. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

I love you too taiji

16. spidersfrommars

spidersfrommars Valued Member

oogy-boogy-banana stuff? Sounds oddly dirty...

17. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Golly, I really do love qigong. did a round this morning. Doesn't anyone else have a morning qigong routine?

18. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

One more try.
    TJ, you love Qigong, it helps you relax. That's good.
    I have done some Tai Chi and Bagua and Chin na and considerable Santi Shi and found them all useful for 'peace of mind' and they have all given me more of an understanding of various aspects of my main martial arts practice (Wado). Also, i have read a lot of Wong Kiew Kit, Bruce K.Frantzis and would highly recommend Lu Shengli.
    I don't believe in Chi (as an unknown energy) but am very happy to train with the idea of Chi.
    I train with forms/Kata, i dont think they help my combat skills directly but i use them for other reasons and can understand why people don't use them, it is possible to learn to fight without learning forms (IMO).

I read a lot of your posts and they do wind me up.
    It is clear that you didn't get the kind of responses you thought you would when starting some of your threads.
    It is true that there is an anti-internal /pro external slant to a lot of what is said on MAP. Fortunately, this is mostly from people who have a lot of experience and know what they are talking about and is the main reason i keep coming back- this is one place i know i can get hard, realistic advice on all things combative.

My main issue with what you have said is this- i don't believe it is possible to learn forms/TMA syllabus, Bunkai etc from a book or DVDs. You need someone to look at what you're doing and correct your posture etc, stuff that you can't correct because you don't know, what you don't know. Plus you can't see yourself doing your practice. Is it possible to pick up tips and maybe some general training stuff from video etc?- yes i think it probably is, and if you already have a body of knowledge and good understanding of the basics (learnt through training) you can probably learn the 'outline' of some forms. All of this requires time (years not months). I am not mystifying this in any way, it simply takes a long time to build up sufficient familiarity with your own body mechanics, so that you understand what your doing, and then longer still to take some of this understanding and drill it enough times for it to become natural and instinctive. Anyone who says they can shortcut this process is not only deluding themselves but also insulting anyone who has spent years learning/practicing/teaching any form of martial art, traditional or modern.

That's it from me.
    Good luck.

19. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There was a guy like you just left. Are you two related?

So what did you do in your routine?

20. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I took a deep breath, exhaled.... bent down and touched my toes...

and blew a big fart in your direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.