Why do people bash Aikido?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Buddha1, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Ahh I see now, it all make sense. In one hand you say you're unable to discuss the "finer points" with someone you've assumed is a senior grade yet, you're quick to likewise assume I'm a <oops> with nothing of relevance to say" Which is it then ?
    ...Some one obviously lost their sense of humour then :rolleyes:

Here's a small bit of genuinely friendly advice, lighten up mate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2006
  2. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

dispite dave's obvious devotion to LARPing, lol ;)
    .. I've even come to like him...
    and based on our (mr. humm's and mine) exchanges prowla
    you have NOHTING to get riled up about

p.s. it would be a shame if you got binned after finally seeming to demonstrate you have a set....
    next time.. figure out how to do it and demonstrate that "wit" of yours (lol) without resorting to "***" (example.. no words) type retorts.. so you can stick around to reply

3. Dave Humm

Dude, thanks for the belly laugh, :D I found your comments very amusing, cheers.

Regards

4. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

anytime....

anytime

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Note to self: no 4-letter words, even asterisked. (Forbidden in your house?)

Well - only playful swipes! :)

I looked at your pics and you've got the black overtrousers.

Wordology - hows about relevance to me, then?

That's good!
    (Although I'm still not sure Wanye's World - diddly diddly diddly - is a prereq to having a sense of humour.)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  6. Dave Humm

For me personally, and it is of course just an opinion, but stating this forum is a less than friendly place, then giving your justification of this statement as a couple of posts from me where I merely suggest you haven't grasped the content of a particular discussion, to then refer to me in a later post as ... and I quote " a <aw come on, do I have to check every post in this thread for that word?> " And then have the gall to say that was... and I quote you again "a playful swipe" is a classic example of living hypocrisy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2006
  7. ANCIENTMASTER

ANCIENTMASTER New Member

Aikido, Karate, Judo, Kung fu, all these "TMA's" take a very very very long time to learn correctly. BJJ, MT, wrestling, and boxing will give you faster initial results. Aikido takes years and years to learn correctly, but theoretically if you train for 10 years you might be able to anticipate an opponents blows, this skill is potentially invaluable if you truly beleive you can do it than dont listen to anyones crap.

8. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Not so...

I really did think that at first.

I then changed my opinion, based on your post that contained a couple of witticisms, and other comments, and said I may have been hasty in forming an opinion, and don't consider you said expletive anymore (that wasn't a playful swipe it was a genuine statement!).
    You also said "if you think I'm being a penai, tell me" (with a smiley), and so I said that I had had that opinion, but changed my mind.

I also added in my eversoplayful swipe about using Wayne's World as a source of inspriation for a sense of humour (why the heck are we discussing Wayne's World???).

So I don't see any hypocrisy in that!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2006
  9. Dave Humm

Of course you wouldn't, would you.

I'm done with this conversation.

10. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

prowla, before you reply, you have the right to put anyone you want on the ignore list. Of course if you ignore Dave, you are missing some great posting along with missing whatever it is that you don't like.

Dave, good for you to end the conversation but it sure took you long enough.

If you can't show more respect for each other, at least show some respect for the moderators of this forum. Realize that there are thousands of people that are reading posts here, not just two of you.

PM if you have to, otherwise, talk as if you would have a conversation with thousands of people watching, because that really is what is going on here. In other words, be respectful to others.

11. Dave Humm

Fair comments, well presented and digested :)

12. prowla

prowla Valued Member

1. Of course I wouldn't (unless changing your mind is hypocritical!).
    2. Me too. :)