Whoa!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Korpy, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

http://www.cutthroatmma.com/fighters.html

Hey my fellow posters, I just wanted to bring something kinda cool to your attention. CutThroatMMA lists lil old me as the 4th ranked Featherweight fighter in the midwest for their amateur rankings! It's quite an honor, and definitely cool.

Also want to let ya'll know that on May 7th that I will be fighting their 3rd ranked FW fighter. I'm undefeated, and looking to keep it that way. I just started my training camp, and I'm feeling good, even better then my last fight. I'm improving in areas that I needed to.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Rock on KORP!!! You should do a blog for your training camp bro!! Would love to get the play by play on your progress!!!

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks Slip! :) Sometimes, it doesn't feel real. I can remember back to my first day of martial arts training ever, and now I'm undefeated in MMA, training with some awesome coaches.

Ya know what? I'll start a blog this Wednesday. It sounds like a good idea!

Just another little tidbit about the fight. My opponent is a former rival of mine. We use to train together, but we are polar opposite fighters. He is a wrestler, and I'm more of a submission grappler. When it comes to striking, I definitely believe I have the edge. When we use to train, I use to get the better of him. Now I just have to get the better of him in the cage.

4. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I've been sick, but still training, and it's kind of hard. I'll actually start my blog in April, since that's when training is really gonna pick up and accelerate.

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Hope you get get back to 100% asap mate, look forward to reading the blog :)

6. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks alot Snoop :)

I hope this sickness passes quickly. I'm working alot of Muay Thai and BJJ for this fight. In April, I'll add more Boxing and Wrestling.

And next Saturday, I'll be going to a Jason Chambers seminar. Work more rubber guard and half guard.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Hey ya'll, just wanna give you some updates for those of you who haven't been checking out my journal.

The fight is only 10 days away. I have only about 4lbs-5lbs of weight to cut left. I also took 3 days of training off last week due to the fact that my uncle who I was very close to, passed away two Sundays ago.

I feel very good. I cannot wait to fight. And I just want to let ya'll know that the event will be streamed live and free over the net.

9. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Sounds awesome, Korp! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Nice on Korpy, best of luck to you :cool:

Where bychance can we view your total domination of your opponent?

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I have the video if you want. It was filmed by my opponent's friends, so they are pretty ignorant with their commentary, but it's good footage.

And while I think it should have been a unanimous decision win, I won a split, so no domination sadly.

12. slipthejab

Yo Korp, good stuff bro. We got alotta faith in you here at MAP brotha! It's cool to see someone who used to talk about KF minutae and talk about maybe fighting MMA is now a fighter and moving up in the rankings.

I've been following your journal as I suspect a lot of people have. Very good stuff bro. We're proud as!!!!

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks Slip. : )

It has not been an easy road. With this camp, it has been the toughest one I have been through. Most likely because of all the damn Muay Thai ;) .

Only 9 days left. I am so excited.

Now I have to pick some entrance music. I'm thinking Static X possibly.

14. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Good luck in your fight, Korpy.

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you my fellow BJJ brother.

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Well my journal isn't working, so I'll just update on here. Only 5 days left till the fight. I got to cut a few more pounds, but it's looking good. I'm taking off from work this week and two days from school.

I really am excited for this fight.

17. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

So I weighed in tonight, and weighed in at 141lbs! Underweight! I'm feeling fantastic. Best shape of my life so far.

18. slipthejab

Well done Korpy sounds like you are ahead of the game plan. Good good.. that means you can focus on the task at hand!!!

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hey, best of luck man.

20. liero

liero Valued Member

It's probobly happened already, but GOOD LUCK!